PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 and 363 toner bottle full. machine says it is out of toner. will not copy

Custom Search

brent
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
so I tore this macine down the other day (friday) and replaced the sub hopper assy. because it was not adding toner and making a huge noise. then it worked great. but today it says replace toner and it shows it is full of toner on the screen. and there is some noise from the unit. anybody ran into this one?

I have a 363 wit hthe same scenario just came in as well. thanks
brent

blackcat4866
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't know about the noise, but dead developer will give you the false "Add Toner" indication. How many clicks on the developer? None of my machines are old enough to need a developing unit yet, but that sounds like a good second choice. =^..^=

brent
08-06-2012, 04:25 PM
60k on the actual developer. I am on the first (developer unit) itself. just kind of odd that I have 2 machines doing the exact same thing. on my bizhub 363 the meter is 45k. and we are using oem toner tn 217 for the 363 and tn 411 for the 423
thanks
brent

blackcat4866
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I've got machines over 400K on the first developing unit. I love these machines. All I do is scheduled maintenance. About 1/3 of them are pulling C2557 codes by the time I am changing the developer. 65K and 40K is very low. Now the maintenance counter is based on run time not print count, so a low volume machine will get less than the prescribed 120K, I've seen 95K, and a high volume machine will get more, up to 145K. =^..^=

kingarthur
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I've had this in 2 Biz 283s so far,is the toner bottle turning,if not i would look at the "hopper drive assy", p/no A1UDR70122 on the rear frame, have had 2 snap so far, keeping 1 in stock permanently

brent
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
yes I replaced the hopper. and I just got back from the one 363. I was mistaken. we have tried a generic toner. and that was the problem. actually a couple problems. the toner bottle was not in far enough. and it was hung. replaced with oem. fixed. headed over to the other one. I am done with generic toner. for some reason either the b ottle or the toner itself. it goofs up the hopper unit. don't know why. but we are done with that chapter. hoping the other one goes as smoothly. thanks guys

brent

blackcat4866
08-07-2012, 01:03 AM
.... the toner bottle was not in far enough. and it was hung. replaced with oem. fixed. headed over to the other one. I am done with generic toner. for some reason either the bottle or the toner itself. it goofs up the hopper unit. don't know why. but we are done with that chapter. ... Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

brent
08-07-2012, 01:52 AM
the 363 was the easy one. the 423 was the bugger.
I had to replace the sub hopper again. for some reason when I got there there was toner all over the front of the machine. and it was ratcheting again. then I reset it. and it went into a c2557 code. continually. so I had to clean out the machine toner everywhere. replaced the sub hopper and then it still threw that code. went into the machine and did a manual toner add. works like a charm. it must be my luck. but upon taking out the sub hopper. it would hardly move. filled with the generic toner. is anyone else running into this? luckily enough the sub hopper is replacable and comes with a new motor and all. hoping for a better day tomorrow. thanks for all the thoughts and ideas

brent

blackcat4866
08-07-2012, 01:55 AM
It's nothing you haven't already thought of yourself. Use OEM toner. =^..^=

brent
08-07-2012, 02:21 AM
yep. lesson learned. this one was kind of a costly one. with travel time and all.. oh well
still a lesson learned

TheBlueOrleans
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
60k on the actual developer. I am on the first (developer unit) itself. just kind of odd that I have 2 machines doing the exact same thing. on my bizhub 363 the meter is 45k. and we are using oem toner tn 217 for the 363 and tn 411 for the 423
thanks
brent

OEM 363 toner should be TN414.

mohsen5
08-08-2012, 02:43 PM
so I tore this macine down the other day (friday) and replaced the sub hopper assy. because it was not adding toner and making a huge noise. then it worked great. but today it says replace toner and it shows it is full of toner on the screen. and there is some noise from the unit. anybody ran into this one? I have a 363 wit hthe same scenario just came in as well. thanks brent noise from the unit u must check the bag of unit .

brent
08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
check the bag of unit? anyways yes the 363 uses 217 I mis spoke.
also we are all fixed now. unfortunately I had to replace the hopper again. with oem toner
and I used a manual toner add. we are all fixed. thanks for the help and suggestions.

brent

Custom Search