PDA

View Full Version : intermittent light copies

Custom Search

mdm7266
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
bros, i have a konica 7033, my problem is that: at the start of the copying, the first copy is clear, but as at multiple copies, the image become light. so i got light copies problem.
i have read your post about the front door interlock switch to replace the switch that might cause light copies.

i tried to isolate the problem by shorting the orange wires-front door interlock and the shorting the red wires just to know if the problem will be solve, but the problem still exist. intermittent light copies as you run.

for your information i'm a former service engineer of Fuji Xerox machines for 15 years. i resigned and put up my own business center.

i solved my trouble problems on konica 7050 machine.
i solved F54-1 on 7033. my problem isthe light image as you are copying.

could somebody advise me of what other probable causes of the problem?
please help..

peter lynn
12-19-2007, 01:05 AM
bros, i have a konica 7033, my problem is that: at the start of the copying, the first copy is clear, but as at multiple copies, the image become light. so i got light copies problem.
i have read your post about the front door interlock switch to replace the switch that might cause light copies.

i tried to isolate the problem by shorting the orange wires-front door interlock and the shorting the red wires just to know if the problem will be solve, but the problem still exist. intermittent light copies as you run.

for your information i'm a former service engineer of Fuji Xerox machines for 15 years. i resigned and put up my own business center.

i solved my trouble problems on konica 7050 machine.
i solved F54-1 on 7033. my problem isthe light image as you are copying.

could somebody advise me of what other probable causes of the problem?
please help..
yes, clean the output of laser [external ]glass by first removing drum carriage and going up with clean cotton bud.also check/clean/replace 3 x ozone filters

mdm7266
01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
sir , i did what you have said. I cleaned the ozone filters, replaced clean corona wires, charge, transfer, separation. also i clean the inner mirror , carriage optics and the mirror under the drum, i also removed & open the laser assy (ROS assy is what we call it on fuji xerox) and clean all its mirrors. clean the contacts on transfer and charge terminals. but still i'm still having an intermittent light copies.

does anybody encounter this problem? what other may be the probable cause of this problem?

tomorrow i'll try to check the high voltage board to see if some terminals have broken or loose solder.

CMB
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
sounds like the toner motor on the toner hopper has failed. try replacing it. sorry i read your PM first- here's what i asked you.

what make and model are you talking about? what are the life cycles of the drum and developer? did you run l-dect(if applicable)do you get the same results whether you run the original thru the document feeder, straight off the platen glass, or print straight to the copier?(no optics involved?)

peter lynn
01-05-2008, 05:36 PM
sir , i did what you have said. I cleaned the ozone filters, replaced clean corona wires, charge, transfer, separation. also i clean the inner mirror , carriage optics and the mirror under the drum, i also removed & open the laser assy (ROS assy is what we call it on fuji xerox) and clean all its mirrors. clean the contacts on transfer and charge terminals. but still i'm still having an intermittent light copies.

does anybody encounter this problem? what other may be the probable cause of this problem?

tomorrow i'll try to check the high voltage board to see if some terminals have broken or loose solder.
i have looked after 300 + of these and never had H.V. unit fail,the only board failure is pro con board and i have only changed 3 in 10/12 years
drum life is only 100k but will also give feint copies on a run if old say 18 months or does very little volume say lesss than 500/week
lets be silly ,you cleaned the optic ,how about the underside of platten glass?...sorry but i dont try to teach my granny to suck eggs,but i gotta ask!
much obliged peter

pepper38_cnd
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
If I understand correctly, your first copy is ok and then consecutive copies get washed out? The bushings in the developer driver clutch assy tend to get gunked up, usually causes a code but will cause quality issuses as the developer drive slows down. Remove this assy it should turn freely by hand, cleaning is only a temporary fix, bushings should be replaced.

mdm7266
01-08-2008, 01:17 AM
If I understand correctly, your first copy is ok and then consecutive copies get washed out? The bushings in the developer driver clutch assy tend to get gunked up, usually causes a code but will cause quality issuses as the developer drive slows down. Remove this assy it should turn freely by hand, cleaning is only a temporary fix, bushings should be replaced.

thank you for your advise.
i have solve the problem on light copies for konica 7033. the problem is the developer clutch. i cleaned it by pouring gas on it and let it dry. then i try to make copies. then all of my copies are now good.
i'll replace it later.

again thank you very much.

by the way, does anyone have a detailed (Fuser) fixing gears illustration with part numbers on konica 7033? my gears are worn out and need to be replace but i don't have the part number to order them. (i dont want my copier to be down so i dont want to remove them as per sample) my email: mdm7266@yahoo.com

pepper38_cnd
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Check you Email

mdm7266
01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
thanks a lot. how about konica 7050? detailed parts list with part numbers...

Custom Search