PDA

View Full Version : Price Check on finisher part.

Custom Search

PeterG
08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Would one of my international friends be able to type this part number into their spare pars price list. A0U7 PP5U 00 Arm FS-529. I am just a little curious as to why in Australia this part has a cost price of A$73.37 That is about US$80.00 for a tiny piece of plastic. Are you guys being "gouged" as much as we are?

Mr Spock
08-08-2012, 04:11 AM
retail is 105 usd

PeterG
08-08-2012, 11:22 PM
retail is 105 usd Thanks for that Spock. Same as here. Have you seen the part? It is absolutey outrageous. One wonders how they come up with these prices.

EarthKmTech
08-08-2012, 11:26 PM
on the topic of FS-529's

has anyone actually repaired one of these pieces of shit once they develop the J7216 jam problem ?

I've rebuilt one so far with all the mod parts and so far its not come in again, but 1 isn't a very good sample size ...

the rest I've chucked out and replaced completely.

PeterG
08-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Many. The mod seems to fix the problem. Interesting to see you use the same terminology as I do when referring to these finishers. Piece of shit. Unfortunately for me, I am the "expert" on these things. I was the only one that didn't run & hide when we first had problems. Wait till you have to strip one. Much fun & games.

EarthKmTech
08-09-2012, 07:25 AM
good to know.

What is the exact cause of the jams ?

They dont do it on single A4 only multiple runs and A3 it can happen on the first sheet. Gotta be to do with timing.

EarthKmTech
01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
there is a couple bulletins specifically for this issue, if you look for them you will find them.

I also replace the lower intake guide as it has been modified and provides a step for the black high density foam block to sit on that is part of the intake guide mylar. You are supposed to install a crappy little mylar in place of this to hold the intake mylar foam block up on early version guides which achieves stuff all. This isnt even mentioned in the bulletins just a pathetic diagram with zero description. Also check if the tip is worn off the intake actuator on high volume examples.

The modified intake guide is like $200 for a piece of plastic and the complete rebuild at the end of the day costs the same as the landed price of a FS-529, it does fix them though. I've done heaps now and and never had one fail, it also avoids the red tape and paper work required to get one changed out and keeps the customer from going postal.

The other common fault is the side alignment paddles seizing on their shaft due to the shit grease used mixing with paper dust - disassembly, cleaning and lubricating is extremely labour intensive, I have also had success cleaning and lubing externally with minimal disassembly.

Once you master these 2 issues nothing else really goes wrong with them.

Custom Search