PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550 C-D403 code & display keypad & touchscreen unresponsive

Custom Search

blazebusiness
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Love Bizhub the C451 / C550 / C650 & have tons of them in the field but now facing the C-D403 error for the first time (checksum error) and as there are not a lot of posts on this code I thought I'd post my thoughts as I diagnose this problem & get feedback from all of you. Perhaps this thread will help a lot of guys when they face this problem in the future.

Normally, I would start by reflashing the firmware if it was just the error code alone, but with a unresponsive panel that will prove difficult and I doubt firmware will help anyway , so I will probably start by swapping the mfp board since we have a working machine in stock anyway. (the display panel plugs into the mfp board which, if the board is bad, would explain the unresponsive panel and the checksum error)

My questions to you all would be --- what causes this type of error & have you seen it occur a lot? I suspect a power variation/surge but Machine has a great surge protector/ line conditioner on it.

When I hear checksum - I think "memory". Could it be a problem with the dimms or nvram? Either way since we have all those items that I can pull from a working machine , I'll start swapping things out & let you know what fixes it so that all may benefit.

Your thoughts & comments much appreciated..................

blazebusiness
08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
To follow up-------found a tech bulletin Taus0801117EN that says C-D403 code displayed after i-option installed if the 512mb memory that comes with LK-201 not installed or installed/not seated correctly. Solution-reseat memory. Don't think our unit has the i-option but worth mentioning. On my way to machine. I'm thinking dimms or mfp board still. Will update.

Mr Spock
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Just fyi. On this machine (and several other KM models) if you insert the cf card (or usb thumbdrive) just let the machine set for 3-5 minnutes and it will start the firmware load automatically. This will update all the firmware so if there is any you do not want flashed this is not the way to go.

blazebusiness
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Just fyi. On this machine (and several other KM models) if you insert the cf card (or usb thumbdrive) just let the machine set for 3-5 minnutes and it will start the firmware load automatically. This will update all the firmware so if there is any you do not want flashed this is not the way to go.

That's good to know...thanks for replying. Bumping your rep power for your effort.

Shadow
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM
do you have a copy of the Active Solutions for all models? you would be surprised at the information in there. you can get it from the SSD site.

kingarthur
08-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Recently had a C451 with an unresponsive keypanel, but no code, also when sendiing a print job nothing happened, discovered it was the RAM, it's the same RAM as a C203....if it helps

blazebusiness
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks to all who replied. Went in and replaced the 2 dimm modules(ram) on the mfp pcb and the copier fired right up again. The customer is very happy to be up and running again.

Custom Search