PDA

View Full Version : iR4570 Paper Jam on Duplex Mode

Custom Search

goldencup
08-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi, kindly advise me how to isolate my problem on iR4570. The problem is paper always jam only in duplex mode but on single mode it's okay. The Jam Code is 207 i think PS13 is okay because i have no problem on single mode. Kindly see the link. Thank you very much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb39C-ZXRZc&feature=plcp

Simons
08-11-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/canon/57123-ir-2270-0108-0207-jams.html your code is the fuser sensor but I would think about adjusting the loop esp if the paper is coming from an optional lower cassette.

FIRST THING I would do is replace the pads for the flapper figure 140 item 6 in parts manual. the two black foam pads were changed to a stronger white pad. These can cause your problem.

The updated pad number is fc9-4659 you need at least two . Plus you need to make sure the metal cover is on your registration sensor. fc7- 9370 .

rayjeek
08-11-2012, 02:40 PM
If the paper is stopping in the fixing assy, I will start checking if the dampers for the flappers (diverter gates) are not sticky.
I have had a similar situation recently. There are 2 flappers with 2 dampers on each on the right hand door so check them. If you don't have a spare temporaily remove the sticky dampers and order new ones later else the flapper tend to make noise while in operation.

Brian8506
08-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Usually the pads cause a 0108 jam code. Have you tried different paper. I have major issues with the quality of todays 20lb paper and this time of year have customers that abandon 2 sided on these models during the summer

Simons
08-11-2012, 04:11 PM
The service manual details for setting it up in high humidity places but yes 45 percent humidity can cause these jams ! Staples brand paper here in USA is the most moisture resistant paper I have found.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
08-12-2012, 10:09 AM
If you experience the jams only when machine is operated in duplex mode, then remove the fixing unit and RE-LUBRICATE the fuser film, if it is still ok. Otherwise replace with a new one, lubricate properly. This should fix the problem.

canonbundy
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I would run with DAG on this one with Fuser Lube, also in high humidity areas (paper curls into a tube), Cassette Heaters are a must, also clean rollers in 3rd Delivery Unit and check Flapper Spring & breakage to Solenoid action.

Dan Dryer
08-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi, kindly advise me how to isolate my problem on iR4570. The problem is paper always jam only in duplex mode but on single mode it's okay. The Jam Code is 207 i think PS13 is okay because i have no problem on single mode. Kindly see the link. Thank you very much.IR4570 Paper Jam on Duplex - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb39C-ZXRZc&feature=plcp) I noticed from your video that there are no sheets attached to the right hand door, below the auxiliary feed rollers in the 3rd delivery assembly. If the jam only occurs on duplex, it's quite likely that paper curl is causing the lead edge to catch the underneath of these white rollers when exiting the fixing assembly. Part number for the sheets is FC8-0959-000, quantity 4. Try fitting those and see if there's any improvement.

goldencup
08-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I noticed from your video that there are no sheets attached to the right hand door, below the auxiliary feed rollers in the 3rd delivery assembly. If the jam only occurs on duplex, it's quite likely that paper curl is causing the lead edge to catch the underneath of these white rollers when exiting the fixing assembly. Part number for the sheets is FC8-0959-000, quantity 4. Try fitting those and see if there's any improvement.hi, do you have an image of the sheets that you mentioned? Maybe that's the problem. Thank you.

Dan Dryer
08-15-2012, 05:18 PM
hi, do you have an image of the sheets that you mentioned? Maybe that's the problem. Thank you.

Here's an image showing the 4 black sheets in their correct position...

Canon.Tech
08-15-2012, 06:21 PM
As the others have said this is a simple case of poor quality/damp paper as I can see from your video the paper has curled on the first side, curled paper will jam in the fixing unit.

This model is bad a feeding damp paper esspecially duplex.

Try thicker 100GSM if you have any or failing that open a new paper of paper

goldencup
09-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Problem on this thread was solved on the sheet suggested by Dan Dryer, Thank you very much :D. I have new duplex problem but on a different machine. The paper jams on drum unit. (see image)
http://s13.postimage.org/tm74j3n79/Photo_0002.jpg

Dan Dryer
09-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Problem on this thread was solved on the sheet suggested by Dan Dryer, Thank you very much :D.

You're welcome. :)

Beurun
09-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Change fixing to +3 then remove the formentioned silencer pads completely and use fresh paper. Unless the fuser is destroyed.

Custom Search