PDA

View Full Version : Mita DC-7085 reg problem

Custom Search

Robert
08-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I\'m worhing on an OLD mita 7085 that have varried registration only with 14\" paper. it doesn\'t jam but the reg is +/- 5mm only with the 14\" paper. I have tried different cassettes, cleaned all the clutches, rollers and swithches. it\'s kicking my ass. 8.5x11 works fine all day long and the magnification is consistant.

i don\'t work on many analog machines, i feel like i\'m missing something.

thanks,
Robert

08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Robert wrote:

I\'m worhing on an OLD mita 7085 that have varried registration only with 14\" paper. it doesn\'t jam but the reg is +/- 5mm only with the 14\" paper. I have tried different cassettes, cleaned all the clutches, rollers and swithches. it\'s kicking my ass. 8.5x11 works fine all day long and the magnification is consistant.

i don\'t work on many analog machines, i feel like i\'m missing something.

thanks,
Robert\\

Check your reg roller, if they run lots of 14\" paper it can wear out in the middle and still make good contact on the ends to grip the 11\" wide paper. what is the total count on the machine and how much 14\" do they run?

Robert
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the tip, i will let you know.

Spank6482
08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
I have seen the problem with the reg roller wearing out in the middle many times in the past. Ther is also a \"pre-registration\" clutch on that machine, its the one on the roller that is about 5 incher before the reg roller. I have seen that clutch drag and cause registration issues.

Good luck
:woohoo:

Custom Search