PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 not printing. 0x0000999a

Custom Search

brent
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I can ping the unit but it will time out. and then I replaced the mfb board. still same thing. there is an exclamation point on the screen in the lower right corner as well. I am headed out to take a pwb a. but have not had this issue with amy of my 200 250 350 machines. am I headed the right way? any thoughts would be appreciated

brent

Hansoon
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Is this somehow related to printing from Google Maps or so? We had machine lock ups because of this. If this is the case it needs a special FW. I'm just in the middle of the process clearing this matter up cause its also new to me. Hans

JustManuals
08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com (http://www.justmanuals.com/)

Paul@justmanuals.com (Paul@justmanuals.com)

brent
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
in the manual I was able to track it down to the fax board that fits onto the mfb board. of course I don't have a spare. but that is what the code kind of pointed me too. I am headed out to just take the board out to see if it wont die on me

brent

SPBE
08-13-2012, 10:18 PM
I have seen this also if a print job is stuck in the queue or there is an IP conflict.

Hansoon
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/67871-bizhub-350-b-w-fk-503-rebooting.html Hans

brent
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I replaced all 3 items that was associated with that code. memory fax board and the mfb board. it still wont work. actually 2 things are happening. when I clear go to the screen there is an ! on the memory side. and I can ping it. but it sends packets over. and then it acts like it is going to work. then it times out. I do not see anything on it's que (on the copier screen) and all of the sudden it will just abort. once I am trying to ping it. the machine works fine other then that. It does have a fax board copies just fine as well. they don't scan. I have reset the machine. I total cleared it. and image data. clear. it just gets stuck and aborts. I replaced the parts with good working parts. any more thoughts>?

thanks
brent

SPBE
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Unplug the network cable from the machine and see if it aborts. If it doesn't, try pinging it to see if you get a reply.

brent
08-13-2012, 10:50 PM
I can try that. I have been there 3 times today and am sick of that machine.. lol
the google chrome thing was not it. they didn't try to print. they don't use google chrome.
this thing only reboots when I try to ping. if it was unplugged we could't even ping it to make it try to fail.or amI overthinking this thing?

Hansoon
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Who said Google Chrome? My machine locked up after prints coming from Google Maps/Earth. Hans

fixthecopier
08-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I have had the abort thing with a bad packet being sent. Machine keeps trying to resend, machine keeps aborting. I would take a laptop and take their network out of the mix. If you can print like made without any errors from the laptop, it puts the problem in their system.

brent
08-13-2012, 11:16 PM
hans. I looked up that link you put. and darren king mentioned google chrome. that is why I did.

brent
08-13-2012, 11:21 PM
fix. they are using a lap top. and it goes to a switch. the switch is going to a small printer which is h ooked up. because my machine wont print. and our machine. I can see it from the printer on. then like i said earlier. the printer gets an ! right where the memory usage is ( lower right hand corner) and reboots. every damn time...... thanks again

JR2ALTA
08-14-2012, 12:37 AM
This is a known issue, You didn't have to replace anything. It's a Windows 7 thing and yes it does it for maps a lot too. Clearing the print queue at the PC will fix it, or a more permanent solution is to change the printer port from LPR to RAW... or the other way around I don't remember.

Hansoon
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
hans. I looked up that link you put. and darren king mentioned google chrome. that is why I did. Sorry Brent didn't realize that. Hope I didn't sound rude....... Hans

brent
08-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I appreciate everyones input. I was able to turn off the slp and snmp off in the pagescope screen. rebooted the machine. and it has been great ever since. I am hoping all will be good now. I figured I changed parts for nothing. but it was good experience. we started at a corrupt file. looking to see if there was anything in cue. then checked out if there was a tcpip address conflict. nothing but the turning off those 2 settings worked. just wanted to report that is a fix. thanks
brent

RRodgers
08-15-2012, 04:44 AM
This is a known issue, You didn't have to replace anything. It's a Windows 7 thing and yes it does it for maps a lot too. Clearing the print queue at the PC will fix it, or a more permanent solution is to change the printer port from LPR to RAW... or the other way around I don't remember.

Yep, do that then pop in the special firmware and you are good to go. I've been doing machines with abort codes like this for the past month. Flash it, and done, done and done.

brent
08-15-2012, 06:31 AM
hans. no problem man. I did not take that as being rude. I just really
appreciate everyones help on this. and this the end result. it is fixed at this point
this machine has firmware with 62 twards the end. have had no problems
in the past 4 years it has been there. then this pops up. darn machines anyways.

brent

Dave10
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Every single time we have had this, it's because someone has added a new computer and the print driver port settings default to LPR. Change to RAW. Clear all print queues, and if necessary, change the IP address. Make sure all drivers are set to RAW. This is a known problem with Windows 7 and sometimes XP.

Custom Search