PDA

View Full Version : (help) Booklet printing

Custom Search

las7h0p3
08-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I want to say that I am sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question, but here goes.

I have a Xerox WorkCentre 3119 Series printer and I was wondering if I could order my pages properly like this video: youtube.com/watch?list=PL84C77BB81F49A7A0&v=5OdAXso-KIo&feature=player_detailpage#t=167s

I want to be able to choose what picture my front side can be and also to choose the backside picture of the book + to choose the order of the pages as in the video.

*Note the inside pages will be text only not pictures as shown in the video.

Do I need to buy a new printer? If yes could you recommend me a cheaper one that has these functions? No need for the printer to have staples included, I just want the printer to be able to position the pages as in the video.

Please help.

Cheers.

mojorolla
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Your issue is with how the job is created, NOT the printer. Most software, like Word or Publisher, have a page layout section that addresses pagination, 2 in 1 printing, and so forth. The machine only prints what the job tells it to. The booklet file properly configured is the solution to your issue.

:)

blackcat4866
10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Mojorolla is correct. Most MFP's print driver booklet function is designed for 1-up images. That's one page image per page side printed.

Before booklet functions were available in the driver endusers became accustomed composing originals 2-up. That's two page images per page side printed. Ink press printers also compose images 2-up. That doesn't work when using the booklet function in the driver. When the pages are sequentially ordered in the electronic document, the print driver can re-order the page images to correctly arrange a booklet.

It really does not matter much what application is used to compose the original electronic document as long as the images are 1-up and sequential, and preferably 11 x 8 1/2 or A4 image size.

Did I repeat that enough times, enough different ways? If you don't like the way MFP booklet functions work, maybe you can write a letter to Xerox? We only use the drivers provided. We don't write our own. =^..^=

Custom Search