PDA

View Full Version : I just inherited a Bizhub 751

Custom Search

doug94550
08-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys,
I have just inherited into my territory a Bizhub 751 with 310,000 clicks.
I have some experience with KM but have never seen one of these.
I am prepping it in the shop and it will wind up in my territory.
I am just looking for any and all tips, tricks, opinions, etc on this box.
Thanks,
Doug

Shadow
08-14-2012, 10:41 PM
these machines are the next generation of the BH600/750. watch out for the main charge units making a lot of noise when the cleaner runs across, you can turn them off. Also watch out for the cleaning units dropping developer in to the transfer separation corona units. If you need the manuals let me know.

Zackuth
08-14-2012, 10:46 PM
I went to school on these machine earlier this year and was impressed on how they were made. Make sure you keep up on the maintenance.

EarthKmTech
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
this engine came from a time when labor was cheap and copy costs were higher. Today its an economically obsolete engine.

if maintained properly and the customer uses decent paper you shouldn't have too many issues though. But in todays world where every dollar counts you'll be constantly battling customers buying the cheapest dustiest paper they can possibly find. When the last one of these engines leaves my area i will crack open a bottle of champaign.

Kidaver
08-15-2012, 04:43 AM
I'd have to agree...they are good solid machines if you take care of them.....but these machines do have issues when you throw cheap crappy paper in them....

EarthKmTech
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Is it just here, or is more and more paper now "made in china"

cant we even make paper anymore?

Kidaver
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
We have two paper mills both about 20 minutes outside of town....which is more a curse than a blessing as Domtar likes to donate paper to schools here...donated paper on top of lots of teachers abusing a machine makes me a sad panda :(

fixthecopier
08-15-2012, 03:35 PM
It is a badass machine and with that meter it is a baby. The more it runs the happier it will be. I have a 600 with almost 3 mil on it.

JustManuals
08-15-2012, 06:01 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

solis557
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I am in charge of 75 of these and they run well. Maintenance is a must! The average machine has 1.8 million and a few have 4.2 million. Treat them right and you will be fine.

EarthKmTech
08-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Its rather ironic that school teachers always seem to do the dumbest things to photocopiers.

But then again, they cant leave the room for more than 10 seconds before the kids are hanging upside down off the roof or burning the place down.

methogod
08-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Drums and PMs can go over, but dont let the DV go to far over the 500K, it will start to drop DV, just like the older versions.

If you know the older siblings like the 7272 and the 7165, they all have the same basics issues. They run to fast for their own good...

I find that the 600/601 work better becuase they run slower then the 750/751.

you can always show them dont tell them...

as far as paper goes, on the office supply level...

office depot RED is the worst
office depot blue isnt much better

staples red is good
staples blue is better

of course you have a slew in between. I would drop off a FREE case of 20# staples red, and say this is the paper you want to use.

good luck

kingpd@businessprints.net
08-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Domtar...an interesting company. We sell paper so we checked into them. We were surprised that they have a 40 truckload per month minimum order requirement when everybody else pretty much lets you buy a tractor trailer load whenever you want...except boise cascade...they do some weird crap too.

We have two paper mills both about 20 minutes outside of town....which is more a curse than a blessing as Domtar likes to donate paper to schools here...donated paper on top of lots of teachers abusing a machine makes me a sad panda :(

kingpd@businessprints.net
08-16-2012, 06:03 AM
I don't care much for those either...you never know what you're getting when they go to rebid that stuff out.

I've actually been pleased with the Hammermill line. Surprisingly the cheaper versions and the super high end stuff works better than their mid grade lines.

I also have had good luck and margins with some foreign imports on eucalyptus papers and paper made from sugar cane pulp.

as far as paper goes, on the office supply level...

office depot RED is the worst
office depot blue isnt much better

staples red is good
staples blue is better

of course you have a slew in between. I would drop off a FREE case of 20# staples red, and say this is the paper you want to use.

good luck

PeterG
08-17-2012, 05:48 AM
watch out for the main charge units making a lot of noise when the cleaner runs across, you can turn them off.

It's actually the white drive gears on the discharge cleaner. Pull em off a smear of grease & you will never hear them again.
Good, solid machines. But don't ever scrimp on the maintenance. If properly maintained they will give great service. If you try & cheat on the service they will bite back in a hundred different ways. (All of them ending with you covered in toner.)

Custom Search