PDA

View Full Version : C220 doc feeder jams when scanning only.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
I went there thinking it would be a stuck sensor. You can make copies all day long, no problem. If you use the scan feature and scan more than 1 page, it will spit them all out then show a false jam in the ADF. It doesn't matter if it is 3 or 30. Any ideas.

kingarthur
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
it would appear that it thinks there's still a sheet of paper in the RADF...have had a similar problem, caused by an over head light, moved the m/c a cm to the left or right....but think that was a different model,

JustManuals
08-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Fix- Send me an email and I'll send you the Parts & Service manual.

Paul

blackcat4866
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
So you're saying that the document feeder will feed originals for copying, but not originals for scanning? What jam codes? What error codes? You can print off the Management List in service mode. =^..^=

Edit: The most common something-like-this is when endusers rip out the stack of originals against the feed direction, and dislodge or break the original detection flag. It's always the same endusers that never seem to learn. It's the second or third flag on this one machine.

brent
08-16-2012, 03:11 AM
it seems interesting that is only when the machine is scanning. so your saying that when you are making copies through the df it works fine then?
brent

JR2ALTA
08-16-2012, 03:23 AM
This is impossible. Like saying drawer only jams when printing. I mean I believe you, but c'mon

EarthKmTech
08-16-2012, 10:07 AM
there is a bulletin about a similar issue.

this isnt a brand new machine is it ?

AMP (tyco group of companies) the manufacturer of the document feeder & finisher sockets F*cked up the mould for casting the document feeder sockets and the pins do not align properly when the plug is inserted. The problem has since been sorted but there are machines out there with dodgy sockets.

You can either A) replace the finsher/adf harness, or B) install a spacer mylar (PET film) inside the adf plug to push the pins over a bit so they align properly.

i can find the bulletin if its a brand new machine and you think you are effected.

pepper38_cnd
08-16-2012, 11:25 AM
This is impossible. Like saying drawer only jams when printing. I mean I believe you, but c'mon

I believe this feeder feeds 3 Times faster in scan mode then it does in copy mode ( 20 ppm copy verses 60 ppm scan) . So is it not more likely that if there was a sluggish sensor or something dragging the problem would be more likely to show up in scan mode and maybe not copy mode?

fixthecopier
08-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Sorry for not getting back guys. I got distracted. The machine was jamming only when scanning and that really confused me. I went back later and tested it some more. I put the doc feed in test mode and it worked, then it did not. After the third pass it started jamming also. I left test mode and it now jams after last page when making copies. I was actually relieved that it got more consistent. i can work with that. I always remember the repeat jam call i had on a Di251. They said it jammed, I show up and test it, it work fine, they call back. On the third visit, i stood there and made 50 copies, no problem. "Sir, it always jams when we put the paper in the document feeder." "It should not matter, I replied, the jam is in the body of the machine." I ask them to show me and she walks up, puts paper in doc feed, pushes start and when the second sheet entered the doc feed, it stopped with a jam. She repeated this over and over. The problem was the pwb "a" on the sorter. When it pulled the second sheet and she had ask for more than one set, the intelligent sorting tried to kick in, but was blown on the board. As far as my doc feed goes, now I am pretty sure I have a stuck sensor.

AyJayAreDii
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM

someone sends a document across with pre-programmed macros forcing the machine to think you have a different size paper to the tray setting in the machine, and you have jams in drawer only when printing. seen this before so not impossible.

Just saying :)

blackcat4866
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Edit: The most common something-like-this is when endusers rip out the stack of originals against the feed direction, and dislodge or break the original detection flag. It's always the same endusers that never seem to learn. It's the second or third flag on this one machine.

Check the original detection flag. I've seen bad harnesses, and they cause the machine to ignore the DF completely, like it's not there. =^..^=

fixthecopier
08-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Went back, removed the doc feed, took to shop and blew it out real good. Took the covers off and checked the sensors and flag, works great now. thanks for the responses.

Custom Search