PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 - Malfunction C11A4

Custom Search

ypoctac
12-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Could anyone tell me what this error message means?

Our "on call" tech can't arrive til Friday!

laserman06
12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Booklet Exit Motor malfunction. Do you know if what type of finisher that you have?

FS-507 or FS-603

ypoctac
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
It's FS-603.

laserman06
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
It's FS-603.
Let me do a little research and I will get back to you

laserman06
12-18-2007, 11:31 PM
C11A4 Booklet Exit Motor malfunctions

Basically, your exit belt is not turning for some reason or if it is then the sensors are not seeing it.

Did the finisher make any unusual nosies? Did you clear a jam? Any other info that you can give me? Try the steps below in order. Keep me posted.

Some basic reset procedures.

A. Open and close the front door.
B. Power off the machine, wait 30 seconds power on.
C. Power down the machine, unplug from the wall for 1 minute, plug in and power on.

D. 13.1 Trouble resetting
1. Turn OFF the Main Power Switch.

2. Turn Main Power Switch ON again while pressing the Utility/Counter key more than 10 seconds after.

3. Touch [Trouble Reset].

4. Check to make sure that [OK] is displayed and the it has been reset.

5. Turn off the Main Power Switch and turn it on again more than 10 seconds after, and make sure that the machine properly starts.

ypoctac
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
It whines very loudly, but we never found any jammed paper. We've pulled the finisher away from the main machine and opened every compartment/ section, but can't see anything stuck.

I've tried the reset proceedures you suggested, but it made the same whining sound once it restarted and returns the same error.

ypoctac
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
My boss just started banging on the FS-603 unit in frustration and it started working again.

guru
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
C11A4 Saddle exit motor failure

jeffneave
12-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Try finisher exit moter fault

mitchl
12-21-2007, 08:37 PM
My boss just started banging on the FS-603 unit in frustration and it started working again.

I always thought my techs were crazy when they told me that they banged on the FS-603 and it started working again.......... I guess they were right!:rolleyes:

random
12-22-2007, 10:58 AM
If this is what I think it is you can see two belts (when you look into the finisher where the paper comes out) with a kind of hook on each to shoot out the copies out to the exit tray. These two tend to catch on two plastic guides and you thump the top to loosen them. You can un-clip these plastic guides but it cause another problem, can't remember what tho.

You can also reverse the belts by hand.

However if the code is for booklet exiting then it will be something else entirely:D.

johnkuo562
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Just recieved this used copier this evening and connected all the cables but noticed the Finisher has 2 cables and found one port for that does not plug in anywhere. Turned the copier on and a error displays paper jam in the finisher. Checked all over and no paper was found. Unplugged the finisher and pulled it out and the copier works fine. I have inspected the finisher and checked all sensors but cant get it working. Any idea about that extra cable on the finisher that goes no where on the copier?

random
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
it goes into the bridge. Slide the finishers out and look at the back of the horizontal part that takes the paper from the fuser to the finisher.

bowser
04-10-2008, 06:49 AM
the stepher moter is possibly not being provided with enough juice from the pwb (failing or bad driver) this is usually a screch sound and nothing turns for that section. have repaired a couple for that problem

B0265
04-07-2009, 09:02 AM
If this is what I think it is you can see two belts (when you look into the finisher where the paper comes out) with a kind of hook on each to shoot out the copies out to the exit tray. These two tend to catch on two plastic guides and you thump the top to loosen them.

We have seen this happening several times on the FS-609, have you found any permanent solution?

dudley
04-11-2009, 04:08 AM
if the black exit belts are hooking the white plastic parts, then the belts need to be tightened up. Open the top door and look down to the plate between the belts and there will be a screw. Loosen the screw and the belts will be tensioned up by springs in the assembly. Thighten ithe screw back down and away you go.

misery90
01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
if the black exit belts are hooking the white plastic parts, then the belts need to be tightened up. Open the top door and look down to the plate between the belts and there will be a screw. Loosen the screw and the belts will be tensioned up by springs in the assembly. Thighten ithe screw back down and away you go.

This is the problem and the solution. I've been banging my head on this for a week now.

Thanks!

dudley
01-16-2013, 01:21 AM
flash from the past when life was easy (working on production stuff only these days) I miss those good old day;) glad to help

Custom Search