PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub pro c6500 what ya think

Custom Search

copierlady
08-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey guys just looking for some feed back about the biz hub pro c6500. Looks a lot like the pro c500 which i still have nightmares about. What can you tell me about this machine, before i buy one? Should i buy one, or is it just another pain in the neck, like the pro c500 was?
Thanks

Desert Rat
08-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Copierlady,
Personally I think all copiers can be a pain in the neck. It just depends on your threshold for pain.:)
I like the C500, even tho it has quirks. One thing I see on the C500 that I have not yet seen on
the C6500 is Mottle. On the C500 it is usually the cyan or magenta. I just add about a cup of
toner to the mix, check the copy, if I like it, I run the "L" detect. If the mix has a high copy count
I will recommend replacement of that mix.
From what I have seen, and I only have but a couple to work on, the C6500 seems to be more
forgiving.
Although I am not sure how much I like that each accessory added needs a seperate firmware
that needs to be loaded. But I am an indy and do not have a lot of experience in this area of
the machines.

DR

copierlady
08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok thanks for the input. I can go for more forgiving.
I'll leave the firmware to someone else around here, that part is not my problem. I'm just the mechanic!!! I'm removing a c500 to install the c6500, and i'm not gonna sell the 500. Any parts i should keep for the c6500? I have done a little research but, i would hate to miss something i could use to diagnose a problem in the other machine. Experience is better than research sometimes. Thanks

Desert Rat
08-20-2012, 03:07 PM
copierlady,
Just for trouble shooting you could keep a couple of chargers
for line problems.
It looks as though the dv units would work, but I have not
tried to swap them.
You may want to consult the parts manual to see if the
transfer unit or transfer cleaning unit is the same.
But if you're going to sell it, the next person may want to
have a complete machine.:)

Good luck

DR

Mita-Konica-Tech
08-20-2012, 04:19 PM
My opinion for what it's worth; the C6500 was a great improvement over the C500... Having worked on Konica production for the last 10 years...!

If you pick up this unit, I strongly recommend that you install all of the updates and modifications before putting it out in the field... The machine runs clean on high volume runs.... but if your just doing short runs you will have twice the amount of maintenance.... Highly Recommend that you put the latest firmware update on before placing with customer...

Good Luck...

Desert Rat
08-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Mita-Konica-tech,
That is an area, as an indy, that gives me trouble.
I was working with a tech that said I would have to have
a 256K memory stick, cause the machine is pickey about
this. I finally found one and he put the firmware on the sitck
last year that was suppose to be current.
I looked in the folders and most were empty???
We were having trouble getting it to run serveral different
accessories. It was having trouble seeing them all.
There was a folding trimmer, the finisher, a hole
punch, a stacker. And probably more. This was last year
and we lost that customer because of the problems.
It can be very challenging trainning yourself on these
machines.

Thanks for your helpful input

DR

Mita-Konica-Tech
08-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Mita-Konica-tech,

We were having trouble getting it to run serveral different
accessories.

DR

Accessories serial numbers need to be inputed into the machine, and when upgrading firmware you need to start with the accessories first... There is a specific procedure for installing the firmware... and yes some of the sub-folders may be empty... In some instance's you may need to install older firmware first before installing the latest... You really need a qualified tech to get the machine up to factory spec...

Desert Rat
08-22-2012, 02:54 AM
The tech that was on site had been trainned by a dealer
in California. And he still had problems.
I found that when buying wholesale it pays to buy
the accessory that was attached to the main frame.
That way I get something that is already done.
I know there may still a mod or two that would be nice
to do. But for the most part if I have that much trouble
I will just call a dealer here in town that would help.
As long as he comes to the shop, he will not know
the customers name.

DR

jzheld
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
The 6500 is much more reliable than c500, I had both, it's always something wrong with c500, but when it's running it's running good, the biggest problem with c500 are the developers that is not an issue with 6500.

mervyn
09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
As a Konica Minolta trained tech , the C6500 is a good machine if the customer is running as intended to be run . Put 40 to 50k a month color and fine , but leave it standing for a week and you will have major problems and end up replacing consumables far earlier than you should have to . Just be careful , they can be a moneypit.

Setright
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
C6500 is a VAST improvement over the C500.

The basic architecture is the same, but there are so many detail improvements.

Custom Search