PDA

View Full Version : BH C350 easy question about counters. Do they count up or down?

Custom Search

Desert Rat
08-18-2012, 01:28 AM
:confused:
I usually confuse myself with the easy stuff.

I viewed the consumable page on the machine. The display
with the bars. Then compared that with the print out.
For example: The cyan drum cartridge display has 9 out of 10 bars. 90% used or unused.
The print count is 5543. The book sez it is good for 50K copies. The bar is one segment
away from the "E" on the panel.
The magenta IU bar has one segment next to the "F" and the count is 1033.
I'm thinking that the magenta is about 1% used.
And the cyan is 90% used.
This was the first visit to this machine so I do not know how much
copy/printing they do normally.
I know that the power on and self adjustments are also counted. On a lower
volume unit these adjustment can skew the count.

Is that right?

The copy quality is very good, the process gray looks gray.
I have been looking through the book, but have not found an answer
so I turn to one of my best resources, this tech board.

Thanks

DR

JR2ALTA
08-18-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't mind the consumable print out. The screen is accurate as far as the IU's limit is concerned. The copy quality can last longer than one life cycle. fusers and transfer belts can go as long as they hold up.

Bars means usage, more bars less life left.

Look into replacing the chips instead of IUs, easy as pie and sold by advertisers here. Drums and T-Belt can be reset by replaces the fuse inside.

blackcat4866
08-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Just one additional thought. Most drum and developer units are actually counting run time in "M" units. In class I asked if maybe "M" was minutes, and the response was "No."

To you that means that a low volume machine with additional idle up/idle down time will get less actual copies within the designated time than a high volume machine. On the C360 which I have many, that can be anywhere from 87K to 145K, when the quoted yield is 120K.
=^..^=

Desert Rat
08-18-2012, 02:28 AM
:)
Thank you both for a quick reply. I believe that clears it up
for me. It counts down to empty.
And yes I am planning on rechipping them.

Thanks Blackcat and JR2ALTA.

DR

Dickie
08-18-2012, 10:26 AM
The best way to extend unit life is to extend the power save and energy save timers up to maximum (240 mins I think) as the machine cycles every time it comes out of these modes thus reducing the life cycle of the IU's.

In the U.K we are told that the life cycle is indeed in minutes of running time (Rotation of unit) so all stabalization and calibrations have a detrimental effect on the life of these units.

Another effect on this is variation in temperature as the machine stabalizes and re-calibrates if it detects a change of temperature (of about 2 degrees I think). Worst case I've seen was of a customer who put their machine right next to the front door of their shop in the middle of winter and everytime someone opened the front door the machine was re adjusting itself. They got 5K from their 35K colour units!!!!!!

Just some things to be aware of that will help extend your unit life and save you a bit of money.

AyJayAreDii
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't mind the consumable print out. The screen is accurate as far as the IU's limit is concerned. The copy quality can last longer than one life cycle. fusers and transfer belts can go as long as they hold up.

Bars means usage, more bars less life left.

Look into replacing the chips instead of IUs, easy as pie and sold by advertisers here. Drums and T-Belt can be reset by replaces the fuse inside.

or just update firmware to latest level and run thought the "iu unit life end massage disable" settings. then you wont need to bother with it until a CQ fault occurs.

JR2ALTA
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
or just update firmware to latest level and run thought the "iu unit life end massage disable" settings. then you wont need to bother with it until a CQ fault occurs.

Not applicable

Desert Rat
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you everyone for the good suggestions and information.
I am sure I will be able to remember and even tell others what
the bars mean. More bars = more usuage.

DR

brent
08-21-2012, 06:11 AM
except on the c350 the yellow image unit hardly ever makes it even once. I have so many units die early.

I am in a c360 class this week and we discussed the same things discussed here.

Custom Search