PDA

View Full Version : Dark band on c6500 42mm~43mm lead edge.

Custom Search

ESA
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I have a interesting problem that seems that has shown up as of late. I have customer when printing 256-300 gsm stock with a half tone the first 42 to 43mm on lead edge is darker than rest of document. It happens at the exact same spot on more than one location. I thought it was a pre-registration issue with the timing, however making an adjustment makes zero difference. I haven't seen any posts about this issue that I can see. Any ideas?

Mita-Konica-Tech
08-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Post some samples output, list print, and test patterns (half tones) what size paper...11/17 ....?

Gaffers01
08-21-2012, 10:34 AM
it sounds like it may be the fuser rollers, youve probably have a flat spot on them.

ESA
08-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I will upload some pics today. It can't be fuser as it is always lead edge and alway runs to 42mm / 43mm in. That's why I'm thrown off. It's gotta' be pre-fuser I would think. Let me upload so you have a better idea.

Gaffers01
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM

In which case I would try this.

ESA
08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
17062This is the band that runs in the cross track postion. Running think stock and half tones I get this band at 43mm in and then another band a 6" away and thats it on 11x17. I have changed drums and dev units. It is consistant with every colour. On 100lb gloss I have no issues. Any ideas?

seniortech
08-31-2012, 08:25 PM
I had something very similar to this a week ago but the heavy banding was on the trailing edge of the sheet, The customer was running SRA3 300gsm media, turned out to be PS64 fusing loop sensor ( located under black guide plate at entrance to fuser) this controls the speed of the output delivery rollers, as the front edge of the sheet was going into the output rollers the trailing edge was still over the secondary transfer roller but as the speed of the sheet was incorrect this caused the heavy band, the machine will work even if this sensor is duff but you will get the heavy band on the trailing edge of thick media.

Also check your media settings, are they running litho stock? try dropping DC Seperation current down to -30 front and back, this is in process adj under paper tray settings.

Good Luck

inutelkamo
10-12-2016, 03:25 AM
I had something very similar to this a week ago but the heavy banding was on the trailing edge of the sheet, The customer was running SRA3 300gsm media, turned out to be PS64 fusing loop sensor ( located under black guide plate at entrance to fuser) this controls the speed of the output delivery rollers, as the front edge of the sheet was going into the output rollers the trailing edge was still over the secondary transfer roller but as the speed of the sheet was incorrect this caused the heavy band, the machine will work even if this sensor is duff but you will get the heavy band on the trailing edge of thick media.

Also check your media settings, are they running litho stock? try dropping DC Seperation current down to -30 front and back, this is in process adj under paper tray settings.

Good Luck

hi,

Did you change the sensor? having the same problem..

what did you do??

thanks in advance

Custom Search