PDA

View Full Version : Must have been a karma thing...

Custom Search

fixthecopier
08-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Kathy, in our shop is our cash register person who does service calls for them and programs them. We have a large contract that covers most military bases and they mail them to us for service. One of the funniest things that I hear in the shop is Kathy trying to talk to someone at a store or restaurant who speaks broken English, and walk them through a problem over the phone.

Kathy..Turn the key to ____ position.
Kathy...Now push_ _and _.
Kathy...Now what is displayed?
Kathy...Did you turn the key to ___ like I told you?
Kathy...WELL TURN THE KEY TO____!!!

This can go on for 15 to 20 minutes with me not helping by laughing hysterically in the background.

Well karma got me. The call was for a new Konica c552 with fax. Fax don't work. Will receive, not send. I show up with a telephone hand set, and check the line. Now on base it is like being in a large building or office where you have to dial a prefix to get outside the base. Depending where you are it can be a different code, so I always ask when I am testing in case they have been changed. My POC is Zindy, who was probably born somewhere in southeast asia and speaks ok, but in understanding...

I plug the phone in and have a dial tone. I ask Zindy, who knows what I am doing, what to dial to get off base. She says 9. I try the call and get a message telling me to dial a different way and it does not work. I inform her that the phone company needs to come and check the line.

@ days later she calls me to say the phone man is there, and nothing is wrong with the line. "Keep him there, I will be there in 10 min." I show up and tell him how I tested the line...

Me... I plug the phone in and dial my shop, 9-424-
Duane... I didn't dial 9, I dialed the number straight
Me...With stupid look on face, Zindy, didn't you tell me to dial 9 to make this call?
Zindy...Yeah, I dial 9 from my phone to make a call.
Me...But from this line, do you dial 9 to send a fax?
Zindy... Oh no, I just dial number to send fax.
Me... looking even more dumb, doing a face palm, sends test fax to my shop and it works.
Me... Zindy, what does not work?
She shows me faxes being sent to the 8 year old Cannon in the front of the store that have failed.
ME... what is the fax number?
Zindy...555-5555
I send test , it fails.
Duane and I go up front to check the phone line.
The number does not match.
We go back and explain that the number is wrong.
Zindy... No, that is number for this machine.
Duane and I, both doing facepalm...Dear, we want the number you are sending too..

So I come to the conclusion that the front machine was not working properly, but when I tried to tell Zindy, she hit me with that solid argument... IT worked when it was back here. I felt myself running out of patience, and left.

I went back to the shop and apologized to Kathy, even though I will still laugh my ass off when I overhear 1 of her calls.

kyrenecopy
08-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Kathy, in our shop is our cash register person who does service calls for them and programs them. We have a large contract that covers most military bases and they mail them to us for service. One of the funniest things that I hear in the shop is Kathy trying to talk to someone at a store or restaurant who speaks broken English, and walk them through a problem over the phone.

Kathy..Turn the key to ____ position.
Kathy...Now push_ _and _.
Kathy...Now what is displayed?
Kathy...Did you turn the key to ___ like I told you?
Kathy...WELL TURN THE KEY TO____!!!

This can go on for 15 to 20 minutes with me not helping by laughing hysterically in the background.

Well karma got me. The call was for a new Konica c552 with fax. Fax don't work. Will receive, not send. I show up with a telephone hand set, and check the line. Now on base it is like being in a large building or office where you have to dial a prefix to get outside the base. Depending where you are it can be a different code, so I always ask when I am testing in case they have been changed. My POC is Zindy, who was probably born somewhere in southeast asia and speaks ok, but in understanding...

I plug the phone in and have a dial tone. I ask Zindy, who knows what I am doing, what to dial to get off base. She says 9. I try the call and get a message telling me to dial a different way and it does not work. I inform her that the phone company needs to come and check the line.

@ days later she calls me to say the phone man is there, and nothing is wrong with the line. "Keep him there, I will be there in 10 min." I show up and tell him how I tested the line...

Me... I plug the phone in and dial my shop, 9-424-
Duane... I didn't dial 9, I dialed the number straight
Me...With stupid look on face, Zindy, didn't you tell me to dial 9 to make this call?
Zindy...Yeah, I dial 9 from my phone to make a call.
Me...But from this line, do you dial 9 to send a fax?
Zindy... Oh no, I just dial number to send fax.
Me... looking even more dumb, doing a face palm, sends test fax to my shop and it works.
Me... Zindy, what does not work?
She shows me faxes being sent to the 8 year old Cannon in the front of the store that have failed.
ME... what is the fax number?
Zindy...555-5555
I send test , it fails.
Duane and I go up front to check the phone line.
The number does not match.
We go back and explain that the number is wrong.
Zindy... No, that is number for this machine.
Duane and I, both doing facepalm...Dear, we want the number you are sending too..

So I come to the conclusion that the front machine was not working properly, but when I tried to tell Zindy, she hit me with that solid argument... IT worked when it was back here. I felt myself running out of patience, and left.

I went back to the shop and apologized to Kathy, even though I will still laugh my ass off when I overhear 1 of her calls.

Spent 5 years in southeast Asia. I know what you are talking about with the pigeon english!

Tonerbomb
08-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Funny !!! But never ever F@&*K with the karma, It's vengence is brutal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search