PDA

View Full Version : Resetting the fuser and transfer belt without using fuse

Custom Search

rosaro75
08-22-2012, 04:16 AM
HI EVERYBODY,

i am a canon tech. Is there any other alternate way to reset FUSER and TRANSFER BELT UNIT. one of my customer who have bizhub c350 struggles the transfer belt lifetime finished. i don't have any fuse with me. but i reset without using fuse. can anyone find the way that how may i reset. if you can't find it i will tell you after getting your comments and replies.

i can tell you now. but i want many ideas from who tried to reset. some person who found this easy method may not express it. but i will tell you after i getting comments on this post.

thanks.

goldencup
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi, i have bizhub C250 (though it's different from C350). I don't have any idea if it's possible to reset fusing unit and transfer belt without a fuse. Also I don't have fuse here that's why i'm looking for an alternative i'm just not sure if this one is okay

0251.062HAT1L Littelfuse Inc | F5518CT-ND | DigiKey (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0251.062HAT1L/F5518CT-ND/3306908)

Hansoon
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Use an Analog multimeter in the low current range and as soon as it reaches between 5-10mA disconnect, but................. It's not without risk and when you are too late disconnecting the leads it might harm the electronics of the machine.

We did this in the 80's with the Minolta EP-2120 copiers when no fuse available. You must use an analog instrument cause the digitals take too long to stabilize reading.

Those fuses are so cheap and easy available that I normally would not take a risk.

Hans

goldencup
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Use an Analog multimeter in the low current range and as soon as it reaches between 5-10mA disconnect, but................. It's not without risk and when you are too late disconnecting the leads it might harm the electronics of the machine.

We did this in the 80's with the Minolta EP-2120 copiers when no fuse available. You must use an analog instrument cause the digitals take too long to stabilize reading.

Those fuses are so cheap and easy available that I normally would not take a risk.

Hans

Hi sir Hans :)

May I know your step by step procedure on how you reset using analog multimeter :D Thank you very much

Gaffers01
08-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Whats the point the fuses are sooo cheap, sounds like Bulls*%^t to me.

pepper38_cnd
08-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Why trying any other way? Fuses are inexpensive and easy to replace! Plus it is they way the machine is supposed to work, trying anything else could risk a more expensive repair. Is this a Canon Tech thing, when there is a known reliable fix you have to find a different way to do it?

rosaro75
08-23-2012, 05:33 AM

Hans
you are right. but don't connect in 20ma setting. the multi meter may get damage. i am using digital meter. put it in 10A mode. just connect multi meter probe instead of fuse. that means connect a thin wires on blown fuse both end. or you can find wire which connect dc controller to fuse.just connect the multi meter probe to that two wire. switch on the machine. when you see reading in multi meter just remove one probe. thats all.

tips
connect one probe tightly. second one you press with your hand. no risks. only 12v. 60ma. this will not do harm.

for fuser reset the machine reads fuse within 15sec after switch on the machine.
for transfer belt machine reads fuse after reading patches. so have to wait more than 30sec.

the fusing current come only for 3sec. when you see change value from zero. don't see the reading. just remove one probe. now the unit is resetted. after that remove the wire.

there is no risk in this. i did it for more than 100 machines and various model. no failures.

there is nothing difference in technology. canon tech. xerox tech. km tech. just we split it.
this one is useful to anyone of the person i will happy

thanks
rosario

Hansoon
08-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Whats the point the fuses are sooo cheap, sounds like Bulls*%^t to me.

???

Hans

oldschool
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I just did this the other day on a C250. I used a 80ma fast acting buss fuse. I cut out the old pico fuse. Then I zip tied the wires to each end of the buss fuse. Took me all of 15 minutes.

EarthKmTech
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
the old c350 range has no over current protection for transfer belt and fuser reset fuse blowing current.

if it cant blow the "fuse" in a timely fashion scorching damage to the printer control board will result.

DUKEY
08-25-2012, 02:47 AM
HI EVERYBODY,

i am a canon tech. Is there any other alternate way to reset FUSER and TRANSFER BELT UNIT. one of my customer who have bizhub c350 struggles the transfer belt lifetime finished. i don't have any fuse with me. but i reset without using fuse. can anyone find the way that how may i reset. if you can't find it i will tell you after getting your comments and replies.

i can tell you now. but i want many ideas from who tried to reset. some person who found this easy method may not express it. but i will tell you after i getting comments on this post.

thanks.

I could tell ya but what kind of techs are those who can't get a 1 DOLLAR fuse???? they sell them on the INTERNET!!

rosaro75
09-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I could tell ya but what kind of techs are those who can't get a 1 DOLLAR fuse???? they sell them on the INTERNET!!
1$ doesn't matter. we can't get it easily. coz we have to order the fuse for konica minolta people. they purposely making delay to give spares. one fuse they sold me for 10$. for one fuse 2days and 10dollers?. is this cheep?. one person said 350 is a old model. so it withstand for overcurrent. but new model it will not withstand for high current. i don't know how many pcbs he burnt by resetting like this. it is no risk to short with multi meter. those who have basic knowledge in electronics knows the simple thing is not a risky one.

cypcopier
10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
can ı use that fuse both transfer belt and fuser unit

Jude
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
can ı use that fuse both transfer belt and fuser unit

And now a word from our sponsors...

"Friends, Does the transfer unit on your Konica machine still give good copies? Does the fuser still work but machine says 'time to replace fuser?' Well there is good news! Just click on the banner at the top of this page and viola! you will see thousands and thousands of fuses and lifetime European quality fuses and pico fuse replacement parts! That's right friends! now you too can change those fuses and save $ by putting the savings back in your pocket! Or click here (http://www.chipreset.eu/) for details!"

copyshop.suceava
01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
I just did this the other day on a C250. I used a 80ma fast acting buss fuse. I cut out the old pico fuse. Then I zip tied the wires to each end of the buss fuse. Took me all of 15 minutes.

can you tell me where I can find the fuse in the fusing unit? at my C250 fusing unit looks like that

JR2ALTA
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM
can you tell me where I can find the fuse in the fusing unit? at my C250 fusing unit looks like that

follow the bunch of white wires on the left side of the second picture. Should be inside black shrink tube.

minimerlin
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
can you tell me where I can find the fuse in the fusing unit? at my C250 fusing unit looks like thatFrom the pictures I think it is not there! The two wires that go nowhere and have the sleeving stripped off are where the fuse would be if it was present!

copyshop.suceava
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
follow the bunch of white wires on the left side of the second picture. Should be inside black shrink tube.

I opened the fusing unit as I could but I did not find anything, try connecting to the fuse between the 2 wires cut? risk to burn something?

copyshop.suceava
01-07-2013, 11:34 PM
??????

nmfaxman
01-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Did you find a fuse between the wires you cut?????????????????????????????

Do you know what a fuse looks like???????????????????????????

No you can't use a fuse twice.
It blows once, kinda like a cheap hooker.
You have to pay for the next one.

ptrflrs
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
from what i remember its not a regular tube fuse but more of a fusible link but it doesn't matter, i have reset it with a paper clip or a staple. you just have to time it from the time u turn on the machine. i think its around 30 seconds or either when the hourglass appears or disappears. we used to short it at the harness under the base copier exit tray. if you take too long nothing happens it just won't reset, i've done it about 20 to 30 times never had anything fry.

copyshop.suceava
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Did you find a fuse between the wires you cut?????????????????????????????

Do you know what a fuse looks like???????????????????????????

No you can't use a fuse twice.
It blows once, kinda like a cheap hooker.
You have to pay for the next one.

1. I have not found Fuze between the 2 wires
2. yes I know what it looks like the Fuze, I am a young student

Thank you very much, I knew there must put a Fuze between the 2 wires, but I wanted to be 100% sure, so lucky for me the cheap hooker worked, went twice to blow, so I have to use hard "the cheap hooker"

Thank you all very much, I owe you a beer

Custom Search