PDA

View Full Version : firmware bizhub 420

Custom Search

optik
08-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone...
I need to upgrade the firmware for a BizHub 420 machine.

I`m stock at C-6701 error on that machine. I`ve tried everything... i`ve change all the components, main board, control borad, lamp, m2 motor, cables and i have the same problem.

i need to try to re-rwite the firmware, maybe i`ll fix the problem...

the c-6701 error appears when the lamp is on... i`ve tried everything what is described in service manual or on the forum.

thanks a lot.
regards...

Shadow
08-22-2012, 04:09 PM
according to active solutions it could possibly be the white plate under the platen glass.
have you cleaned the white plate?
if the white plate is dirty the ccd will receive an incorrect reading and throw up this code.

optik
08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
according to active solutions it could possibly be the white plate under the platen glass. have you cleaned the white plate? if the white plate is dirty the ccd will receive an incorrect reading and throw up this code. i`ve already do that. i`ve change the platen glass, i`ve change everything... thank you for reply. i`ve read all the buletines from km and all the solutions from the forums... i need to re-rwite the firmware to be sure that is not a software problem. thank you again. regards.

Bizhub
08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
i`ve already do that. i`ve change the platen glass, i`ve change everything... thank you for reply. i`ve read all the buletines from km and all the solutions from the forums... i need to re-rwite the firmware to be sure that is not a software problem. thank you again. regards.

Sounds like the CCD is down. I would always check ALL of the icp's first though

optik
08-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Sounds like the CCD is down. I would always check ALL of the icp's first though

i`ve already change the ccd and the ribbon cable, twice.

i`ve change every part which may cause that problem.

nothing is happen. if i move the lamp in the right side... after power on, the lamp is moving till the stop position. then lamp is on for 1 second than i have the c6701 code.

i don`t know what else to do... if you have a firmware can you send me? thank for the reply.

regards.

pepper38_cnd
08-24-2012, 11:47 AM
You've done a lot of stuff to this copier! What did you do before this code appeared? It is more than likely that it is something mechanical like a mirror out of place or you messed up CN46 on 2 different boards. Also around the CCD there are some painted screws touch those and you've just bought a new CCD.

optik
08-24-2012, 12:26 PM
You've done a lot of stuff to this copier! What did you do before this code appeared? It is more than likely that it is something mechanical like a mirror out of place or you messed up CN46 on 2 different boards. Also around the CCD there are some painted screws touch those and you've just bought a new CCD. i didn`t touch the painted screws... red or green. i removed only 4 screw without painting. tomorow i`ll receive the firmware. i spoke with someone and he had the same problem. he said to rerwite the firmware and it is done. first, the copier had an another error. jam paper near the registration. from my experience i`ve replace the board from the right side (prcb) and it was ok.. but this machine, after replacing that board (with another 2 tested prcbs) has the same code. i`ll wait the firmware and monday i will post the result. regards. thank you for reply.

pepper38_cnd
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
first, the copier had an another error. jam paper near the registration. from my experience i`ve replace the board from the right side (prcb) and it was ok.. but this machine, after replacing that board (with another 2 tested prcbs) has the same code.

That would have been nice to know up front. Yes you often or almost always have to reload firmware after a board change.

optik
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
huh. i need the software IswTrns for updating the firmware on a bizhub 420. can someone send me via e-mail? regards.

total.copy@yahoo.com

i have the firmware if someone needs.

Custom Search