PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous TA 400ci no toner gauges on status page

Custom Search

Donnie
08-22-2012, 06:52 PM
400ci 308k, no toner gauges on status page, have tried turning off unplugged installed 1 toner at a time, repeated for each color, no luck. Have cleaned system dimm, reloaded firmware, new toner ctrgs, anyone seen this problem, tech has also complained of add toner messages with plenty of toner left. Thanks

Magicone
08-22-2012, 07:10 PM
400ci 308k, no toner gauges on status page, have tried turning off unplugged installed 1 toner at a time, repeated for each color, no luck. Have cleaned system dimm, reloaded firmware, new toner ctrgs, anyone seen this problem, tech has also complained of add toner messages with plenty of toner left. Thanks

Had a 250ci sort of the same, but just the black, the toner RFID reader went for S**t, it also burnt the RFID chip in the toner container so that toner would show up as "Unknown Toner" in another machine. Also if the machine sees and empty toner you can not use that toner in that machine again. Some BS program to stop toner pirates.

Good luck

blackcat4866
08-22-2012, 11:08 PM
We've seen a few cartridges with bad RFID tags, but never all four. My guess is that your tech tried a U020 All Clear and wiped out the destination in simulation U265. If it's at "0" you'll know for sure. Kyocera Mita should be "2", Copystar "66". And you're probably missing a lot of other data that got wiped out also. If you've got a maintenance report from the original setup that's a good place to start. Then all the adjustments and color calibrations.

Has the engine PWB been removed recently? The connectors are extremely tight on these machines. There is a short harness from YC26 to the rear frame, that eventually connects to the RFID PWB. In all the tugging, your tech could have partially unplugged the other end of that harness. I've done it at least once. And it's nearly impossible to see without removing the engine board again.

If you've spent any time on this problem you'll know that there are only two mentions in the entire service manual about the RFID PWB, and the only useful one is in the circuit diagrams. It seems they're afraid to provide us very much information about it. Like we all might start bootlegging toner in our basement. =^..^=

Donnie
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for info, sims are set correctly, engine pcb has been removed recently so I will check for loose connection, if not I am going to replace toner container drive assy, which houses rfid.

Donnie
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
It turned out to be the connector from engine bd to rfid. Thank you so much. After inserting it correctly black, magenta, yellow gauges came up but machine still said unknown toner and no cyan gauge. Installed new cyan ctrg. gauge came up and everything good. I'm wondering if when chip in ctrg goes out will machine call for toner for that color? That could be original problem? This machine has had the updated motors, firmware at latest level, new image components, any other suggestions before we take it back? It really needs to perform well since it has been a headache since day 1 and it is in the presidents office at a college. I really appreciate the help you guys have given.

blackcat4866
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
The one cyan probably was just a bad RFID chip, on the cartridge. There's no reason you can't use the toner, but it will continue to give false add toner indications periodically until it's actually out of toner. If you're concerned about first impressions use the toner on an in office machine.

It sounds like you've got it resolved. Congratulations. =^..^=

techrm
09-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Replace the "Part motor Cln " also known as the toner container motor,refer to Tech bulletin #6. This should take care of the issues your having. I have had 4 machines with the same symptoms and the motor fixed it.

Donnie
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info, that was the part the tech replaced initially when he left connector partially unplugged. Installing connector correctly solved my problem along with a new cyan ctrg. Thanks again.

Custom Search