PDA

View Full Version : C352 Fuser grinding noise Issue

Custom Search

b3p0
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
C352 , 600k clicks, fuser replaced 60k ago with brand new KM part.

On warmup/cold start procedure, fuser drive/main drive engages and spins fuser rollers for about 3 seconds, the rear fuser loop rollers are supposed to get a tension adjustment from the rear fusing gear form the main body (B).

What is happening is the loop tension adjustment is going way to tight and clicking, in turn over tightning the fuser belt tension and stopping the fuser from turning witch is making the main drive gear strip very loudly. I've taken the fuser out and it spins freely, without a fuser in the machine i can see and engage the main drive and see the tension adjustment drive complete the start up procedure without any noise. When the tensioner over-tigetnes the rollers it's hard to pull the fuser out, once its out it will spin feely.

I've taken a known good fuser out of another machine and put it in the problem machine and get the same result. I've checked the drive plate and it's not cracked and this is a completely different problem.
I've adjusted the fusing loop setting in both directions(+2, -2), with same result.
Checked All Solutions, and service manual without much result.

I'm stumped, and i'm running out of time. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Bizhub
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
C352 , 600k clicks, fuser replaced 60k ago with brand new KM part.

On warmup/cold start procedure, fuser drive/main drive engages and spins fuser rollers for about 3 seconds, the rear fuser loop rollers are supposed to get a tension adjustment from the rear fusing gear form the main body (B).

What is happening is the loop tension adjustment is going way to tight and clicking, in turn over tightning the fuser belt tension and stopping the fuser from turning witch is making the main drive gear strip very loudly. I've taken the fuser out and it spins freely, without a fuser in the machine i can see and engage the main drive and see the tension adjustment drive complete the start up procedure without any noise. When the tensioner over-tigetnes the rollers it's hard to pull the fuser out, once its out it will spin feely.

I've taken a known good fuser out of another machine and put it in the problem machine and get the same result. I've checked the drive plate and it's not cracked and this is a completely different problem.
I've adjusted the fusing loop setting in both directions(+2, -2), with same result.
Checked All Solutions, and service manual without much result.

I'm stumped, and i'm running out of time. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Fuser drive gear box on the back of the machine has probably fractured causing the gears to come out of mesh under load.
Completed back end strip down , Good luck !!!

b3p0
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I've checked the drive plate and it doesn't look cracked, and this is a completely different problem.

Thanks in advance!

I've done one of those before, that's the first thing i checked for. This is exhibiting a different problem.

Shadow
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
check the part of the gear box that comes through the frame and drives the unit itself. its possible that it is cracked or broken.
also check, if you can, the driving gears of the fuser unit itself as well.
I have seen the gear box crack just like the ones in the C300, faulty design is the cause.

b3p0
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I haven't taken the guide plates off yet, but i've seen this problem before and looked for the basic signs and didnt see any cracking on the gear plate.
I'll go take another look.

b3p0
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Without a fuser in the machine, i can take the main drive gear and turn it by hand freely. It's nice and tight on the shaft holder plate.

EarthKmTech
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
its the housing as already stated.

it always fails at 500k onwards. the damage will not be obvious to the human eye in many cases.

kingarthur
08-24-2012, 08:53 AM
i agree with the others, you cant always see it when its in situ, you'll have to take it out & check it, done so many i can do them blindfolded....

b3p0
08-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the input. I'm going to follow everyones advice and replace the plate.
I'll reply back when I'm finished.

Custom Search