PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 501 WON'T Print (I think previous post is messed up)

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
We have a Konica Minolta bizhub 501 that just will NOT print but scans & web-login’s all day long.

I believe I've tried everything:

- I CAN ping TO bizhub from any PC & I CAN ping FROM bizhub to any PC.
- I CAN Scan via SMB to any computer/PC.
- I CAN use any internet browser and web-login into the bizhub and setup scanning address buttons or make administrator network changes, etc, etc.

- Printed from different PC's
- Printed from different drivers
- Programmed different I.P. addresses into bizhub

- Used RAW Port; 9100 setting (even tried 9112)
- Used LPR Port; (queue name: print) setting
- Turned off SNMP Status

- Made Absolutely Sure ALL “Account Tracking” & “User Authentication” is OFF!
- Flashed the Firmware to current version on bizhub
- Checked all “readme bulletins" and made sure drivers used are correct for firmware being used crap

- Uninstalled/Re-installed Hard Drive (Physically & Tech Mode) and then successfully Formatted it

- Reset from the "Technician Side" -> System 1/Initialzation/ "Network Setting Data"

- Reset from “User Side” via an Internet Explorer web-login, under Administrator/Reset/Reset “Controller is reset”

Help?

blackcat4866
08-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Does it have the IC-207 Print Controller option? You won't be printing without it. There are two little IC sockets on the engine board. The print controller goes in the one labelled "IC", to your right as you're looking at it.

Print off a configuration page to see if the Print Controller firmware level is listed.

PS: If you entitle your post with the last word in the title being "print" it is displayed in "printable" mode, with no hyperlinks. Just an interesting little quirk to the website. =^..^=

MFPs R Now PCs
08-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Does it have the IC-207 Print Controller option? You won't be printing without it. There are two little IC ports on the engine board. The print controller goes in the one labelled "IC", to your right as you're looking at it.

Print off a configuration page to see if the Print Controller firmware level is listed.

PS: If you entitle your post with the last word in the title being "print" it is displayed in "printable" mode, with no hyperlinks. Just an interesting little quirk to the website. =^..^=

Blackcat4866:
I have attached as a PDF page 1 of the Machine Management List with the firmware on it, I don't believe it's listed, could you please confirm?

blackcat4866
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
You'll need the Configuration Page > Firmware Version > Print Controller = A0R50Y0-3000-G00-62

... or it will be blank in that area. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
08-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Set hdd?

MFPs R Now PCs
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Got It! Thank you all. IC-207 Missing, Dang It!

blackcat4866
08-25-2012, 01:41 AM
It took me three visits and a little insight from the office manager for me to solve my case. It was relatively common for the sales staff to forget to order little things like print controllers, then wonder why it wouldn't print. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
08-25-2012, 03:49 AM
It took me three visits and a little insight from the office manager for me to solve my case. It was relatively common for the sales staff to forget to order little things like print controllers, then wonder why it wouldn't print. =^..^=

More amazing, in 2012 Konica sells a copier with a Network Interface Card that can't print.

RRodgers
08-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Can't tell ya how many times I've ran into that. Go out to a customer to set them up for print/scan only to find out it won't print and the chip is missing. What a pain.

kronical
08-25-2012, 09:09 PM
More interesting is you can scan without a controller.

blackcat4866
08-25-2012, 11:06 PM
True! Like MFPs said. The web interface is fully accessible, and networkable. You can scan ... everything but print. =^..^=

mo0651
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I make sure that it looks like a major board when I install that little eeprom. Takes like 5 minutes and that will be $1500. Gets you funny looks from customers.

ModusVivendi
12-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I think I may have come across BizHUb 501 without a print controller. I had the user follow the below isntructions for printing a config page, but she says "Printer Settings" option is not there. Could that be a clue, or do I have bad instructions for printing a config page?

UTILITY COUNTER>
USER SETTINGS>
PRINTER SETTINGS>
PRINT REPORTS>
CONFIGURATION PAGE>
START.

Or is there a way to determine whether its installed via the web interface?

Thanks

blackcat4866
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM
No, but you can take the back off and check the IC port on the Printer control board. There are two. I believe the one to your right as you look at the back of the machine is for the IC207. =^..^=

ModusVivendi
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately this is at a location in a different state.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Glaander
12-21-2012, 01:37 AM
More amazing, in 2012 Konica sells a copier with a Network Interface Card that can't print.

you are not totally wrong, you miss the point, there is scanner,which can do scan to e-mail, forward fax to pc, that is why the network interface for. the print option is up to user to buy ic-207, that is not come with the copier, think about the word "Copier" that is why they sell the chip seperated. also the webscrope is for the admin to do their work over network such as meter count, user print control, etc.

emujo
12-21-2012, 01:51 PM
It's just a clever way to make money...Boards all have the print capablity, but need the additional "enabler" to turn on print functions..Toshiba did it for years with their print/scan combo enablers..Seems that it was relegated to just the B&W MFPs as (like KM) the color products were print/scan out of the box...PS, if you can print a config sheet, then the IC is installed..slection won't even be there if not. Emujo

Custom Search