PDA

View Full Version : Almost new Bizhub 283 dirty pages for print and copy

Custom Search

criser
08-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a new KM Bizhub 283 and i, being and end user i installed it for the first time, having no experience with copiers just with printers.
When filling the developing unit i made a mistake and spilled some developer out of the recipient on the magnetic roller side. the collars were protected with the mylar sheets provided. some developer was lost ~ 4%. Now the printer has 18000 A4 pages printed and we already are at the 3rd toner changed which in my oppinion is not normal.
Problem: printed/copied pages are a just a little dark (gray) all over the surface.
Other observations: if i open the right side cover where the imaging unit resides, there are signes of leaked toner at the ends of the a4 paper length. the drum seems to have a fine coating of toner. Detaching the imaging unit from the developing units shows that the collars now have a metalized gray color from the aluminium portion of the drum. The drum has the traces from where it touches the collars
Do you have any ideea on how to repair this problem? Thank you

nmfaxman
08-24-2012, 07:41 PM
You need to install new developer and set it up through service mode.
Better yet call a tech that knows how to set it up right the first time.

criser
08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I already ordered new developer and new drum.
Why do you suspect the developer is the cause? do you have any detailed explenation?
i guessed that the drum could be the cause because it remains filled with toner.

Thank you

nmfaxman
08-24-2012, 08:44 PM
When you install new developer, you have to set it up in service mode so the machine knows the toner to carrier ratio.
If not set up, it will overtone or under tone.
Printers are mono component and use just toner.

SmellsHot
08-24-2012, 09:04 PM
your gonna have to replace the ds collars in the developing unit as well as replacing both drum and developer. Also check the transfer roller on the side door, there are white guides on each side if the rear one is worn (crescent mooned) then that will have to be replaced as well. Have fun....this can be a headache for an experienced tech

JustManuals
08-25-2012, 02:26 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
08-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Initial setup is meant to be done by someone who's experienced on the particular model, though this isn't always the case.

It really isn't designed for an end user to do, how you even purchased it like this is concerning in it self.

blackcat4866
08-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Did you perchance open or read the setup instructions included with the machine? After 25 years of doing this I still read the setup instructions. There are too many models, too many variations, to memorize any one model/method. =^..^=

criser
08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Did you perchance open or read the setup instructions included with the machine? After 25 years of doing this I still read the setup instructions. There are too many models, too many variations, to memorize any one model/method. =^..^=Yes, i read the instructions, just that i made the mistake of spilling some developer.I identified the problem from the troubleshooting chapter in the service manual which is: 23.4.10: Printer system: Foggy background.In my case the background is just slightly foggy (i even did not notice in the beginning), so it's not a big issue, but it's strange because the machine is new and i thought spilling just some developer can not cause this.Now i am waiting to receive the new developer and new drum to follow the next steps from the service manual.Thank you for the support.

blackcat4866
08-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes, losing 4oz. of developer is significant. The machine sets the developer density based on a very specific amount of developer. What the machine does is that it overtones: adding too much toner to the developer mix.

You'll need to clear the developer rotation time in Life Count. Vacuum out all the developer (with a toner vac, not your shop vac). Pour in a full bag of developer. Reassemble. Run TCR sensor adjust and gradation, like in the setup instructions.

Your pretty proud of yourself to figuring out it's the developer? Not to deflate you too much, but you did it to yourself. There is a reason that some people make a career of repairing MFPs, and some just use them. =^..^=

criser
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, losing 4oz. of developer is significant. The machine sets the developer density based on a very specific amount of developer. What the machine does is that it overtones: adding too much toner to the developer mix.You'll need to clear the developer rotation time in Life Count. Vacuum out all the developer (with a toner vac, not your shop vac). Pour in a full bag of developer. Reassemble. Run TCR sensor adjust and gradation, like in the setup instructions.Your pretty proud of yourself to figuring out it's the developer? Not to deflate you too much, but you did it to yourself. There is a reason that some people make a career of repairing MFPs, and some just use them. =^..^=Hmm... if the whole bag had 10.5 oz, i lost 4% maximum 10%, so 1 oz of developer, not 4. Another question that popped out in my mind while reading the service manual: how sensible is the drum to light? i did not protect the imaging unit (like it says in the service manual) while filling the developing unit. (but i think this in not cause because at least 1 quarter of the drum circumference was in the shadow and could not be affected while the printed page appears foggy homogeneous ).

blackcat4866
08-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Organic drums are light sensitive, yes. But 1 or 2 minutes will not be a problem. 1/2 hour, sure.

=^..^=

Hansoon
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
But 1-2 minutes straight sunlight probably yes.......

Hans

Custom Search