PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C550 random jams from Manual Feed

Custom Search

empiru
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I must say, first of all, we have only one client who has this type of machine and I am starting to hate it (probably he does too)...
So, the customer called and claimed the manual feed is jamming; ok, I got there, saw that the feeding rollers were "worn out", so I told him we need to replace them;
After waiting 4 WEEKS (yeap, sometimes it takes longer for KM to deliver parts in our country) I replaced the 2 feeding rollers and the separation roller unit; the machine was still jamming;
I cleaned all the sensors, all other transport rollers, registration roller (which theoretically I didn't have too, as long as the machine works fine from all the other trays, even on 280 g/m2 from tray 4), etc.
I took out the feeding assembly from the bypass tray, cleaned the one-way bearings (I don't know how I should call them, the Parts Manual says "Clutch") corresponding to each roller; then I took out the whole Manual Feed Unit, checked all the driving gears, they all seem to be turning just fine, nothing broken;

The problem is, the jams are RANDOM and they appear on 280 g/m2, 200 g/m2, 160 g/m2, A4, A3; If I try to feed plain paper (80 g/m2), the bypass works a little better (it feeds 15-20 sheets with no jams, sometimes even 50 in a row); BUT if I want to feed 80 g/m2 paper, with the Thick 4 setting, the machines jams in the exact same way as it does on 280 g/m2 or 200 g/m2, etc. (I find this fact interesting).

Sometimes, it feeds 6-7 sheets and then jams, sometimes it feeds 1-2, sometimes it jams from the first sheet; there is no logic what so ever in the way this machine jams; you can tell that the jam will occur, because the sheet is fed, but the speed slows down, until the timing is "broken" and then, the jam occurs;

I think it could be the stepping motor that actually feeds the paper, or something electrical, some board that commands that motor; but I really don't want to order a motor, wait 4 weeks again and then find out that that is not the problem; I could also swap the motor with one from the other trays, but first I want to see if someone had a similar problems with this type of machine, as we don't have much experience with them. On the same machine, we had the 2 known issues (that we know about - the K Imaging Unit spilling out developer and the Main Drive Unit getting dirty) , so I just want to ask, maybe this is another well- known issue.

Paul, i appreciate the offer, but we have all the Service & Parts Manuals :)

Everybody, I am really sorry for the long post, I myself hate it when I have to read other long posts, but I am really desperate and that's why I explained everything detailed..

Thanks in advance for any advice!

empiru
08-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Anyone?

Anyone at all? I am really desperate here :(

Zeldaman
08-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi there!
2 ideas for the moment: sensor PS-35 is "bad",for example bad soldering (was along-time problem at K-M).
M-28, the plate-liftingmotor has a loose or wornout wormgear.

Greetings...

mo0651
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Why don't you throw out the JAM codes. This machine is full of codes to help us along.

empiru
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Problem solved, another tech gave me the tip - I replaced the Gear /22T on the 1st tray paper feed and it works. Maybe this tip will be useful to someone else around..

Custom Search