PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C250 Bizhub NvRam

Custom Search

endusergeek
08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I have a C250 with a recurring C-D371 error. It clears with the S71....* sequence, but comes back after the machine is idle for about a half hour. It will not recur if the machine is printing. Another member here suggested the problem may be a bad NvRam battery. Can the battery be replaced and will the NvRam work afterward? The battery only costs about $14. It sounds like a much cheaper way to go than to replace the board.

mo0651
08-27-2012, 10:10 PM
There is a NVRAM recovery for this model and if the Nvram is bad itself, that board can be replaced thru Konica Minolta. Call a tech.

Jumping Jack Flash
08-28-2012, 08:57 AM
CD-370
NVRAM Data restore - STP,0,7,1,3,9 - and *

ni311
08-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Try a search on this forum, you'll find several threads with your problem but almost all of them are the same ending: call a tech.

endusergeek
08-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Try a search on this forum, you'll find several threads with your problem but almost all of them are the same ending: call a tech.

Thank you all. Unfortunately, calling a tech is not an option I have: I haven't been able to find a tech for this machine in my area, Toledo, Ohio. I did not want to tell this story because I didn't want to offend anyone, but now it seems unavoidable: When I first got the machine I called the local service company and they sent someone out who, by his own admission, had never worked on one before and did not fix the machine. The company was not too proud to charge me $192.10 for the service call, however. Since then, I've had to fix everything myself with the help of the service manuals and the Theory of Operation Manual, and of course, forums such as this one. The original problem turned out to be plugged inlets to the waste toner box, by the way. I have no aversion to hiring a tech who knows the machine. If any of you can recommend a tech in this area who you know personally or by reputation that has "chops" on this machine, I would appreciate it. It's a fairly complicated beast, and I'm doing the best I can to keep it running. I think it's worth the effort. It's an amazing machine when it's running well, but it's about as complex as a space shuttle.

P.S. I made a mistake in the original post. The error is C-D36E. It does not occur if the machine is running a job, but will occur in about 10 minutes if it's just sitting. It clears with the S071...* sequence and will run just fine after it starts back up.

Thanks again for your help.

mo0651
08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
If the code comes back after reset then it will prob need a new NVRAM. (from KONICA MINOLTA)

endusergeek
08-29-2012, 01:05 AM
If the code comes back after reset then it will prob need a new NVRAM. (from KONICA MINOLTA)

Thanks. I bought a used board with an NVRam on ebay, that supposedly was working when it was removed. I'll install it and see what happens. What I do now is just spool up the jobs, turn the machine on and let them run, and then turn it off. This system is ok, but keeping it on and warm seems like a good idea.

blackcat4866
08-29-2012, 01:12 AM
You may discover that it won't work, even if it worked on the other machine. The NVRAM is serialized with the machines serial number. If the number conflicts with the number stored elsewhere it will code out. that's why it has to come from Konica Minolta. It must be programmed with the machines original serial number. Just so ya know ... =^..^=

endusergeek
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
You may discover that it won't work, even if it worked on the other machine. The NVRAM is serialized with the machines serial number. If the number conflicts with the number stored elsewhere it will code out. that's why it has to come from Konica Minolta. It must be programmed with the machines original serial number. Just so ya know ... =^..^=

Dang. I knew it was too good to be true. Hey, Lapeer is only 2 hours away! Do you want to come fix my machine, Black Cat? :)

blackcat4866
08-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Sorry. We don't travel that far.

Try Capitol Communications Systems. 517-694-3900
=^..^=

Custom Search