PDA

View Full Version : BH 250 Tray Switching

Custom Search

morpk
08-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey Dose anyone remember the soft switch setting to enable tray switching/ lock out a tray,
I have a customer that wants to put letter head in a tray and lock it off.

it's one of those settings that i have not needed to use in a few years and everyone in the office is scratching their heads saying "Oh yeah i remember that setting" but no one can remember it.

Ta

blackcat4866
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I wasn't around for the C250. Isn't there a media type setting in Utility/Counter > System Settings > Paper Settings ... or something like that? =^..^=

morpk
08-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I wasn't around for the C250. Isn't there a media type setting in Utility/Counter > System Settings > Paper Settings ... or something like that? =^..^=

Yeah the C250 is fine it's the BH 250 (B&W ONLY) that's different

:)

blazebusiness
08-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Hey Dose anyone remember the soft switch setting to enable tray switching/ lock out a tray,
I have a customer that wants to put letter head in a tray and lock it off.

it's one of those settings that i have not needed to use in a few years and everyone in the office is scratching their heads saying "Oh yeah i remember that setting" but no one can remember it.

Ta

That is the factory default in the BH250------see the following

Automatic paper-tray-switching feature
If the selected paper tray runs out of paper while a job is being printed and a
different paper tray is loaded with paper meeting the following conditions,
the other paper tray is automatically selected so printing can continue. If the
optional LCT is installed, a maximum of 3,650 copies Operating Conditions
-
The paper is the same size.
-
The paper is positioned in the same orientation.
-
The paper is the same type.
Order for selecting the paper trays
As a factory default, when a different paper tray is automatically selected, the
next paper tray in the following list is chosen.
1st tray
→ 2nd tray → 3rd tray/LCT → 4th tray → Bypass tray

NO AUTO TRAY Switching occurs if you don't have the same paper size and same orientation/direction available in a different cassette

morpk
08-29-2012, 12:51 AM
That is the factory default in the BH250------see the following

Automatic paper-tray-switching feature
If the selected paper tray runs out of paper while a job is being printed and a
different paper tray is loaded with paper meeting the following conditions,
the other paper tray is automatically selected so printing can continue. If the
optional LCT is installed, a maximum of 3,650 copies Operating Conditions
-
The paper is the same size.
-
The paper is positioned in the same orientation.
-
The paper is the same type.
Order for selecting the paper trays
As a factory default, when a different paper tray is automatically selected, the
next paper tray in the following list is chosen.
1st tray
→ 2nd tray → 3rd tray/LCT → 4th tray → Bypass tray

Yeah that's cool so now i have different paper in tray 4 and i want to take tray 4 out of the auto selection...... and go...... :)

sorry if i wasn't clear :|

blazebusiness
08-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Yeah that's cool so now i have different paper in tray 4 and i want to take tray 4 out of the auto selection...... and go...... :)

sorry if i wasn't clear :|

Actually...rereading your post I see you mentioned that you want to lock out a tray. You were clear.....my mistake. I'll try to read slower next time LOL..........

morpk
08-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Actually...rereading your post I see you mentioned that you want to lock out a tray. You were clear.....my mistake. I'll try to read slower next time LOL..........

All good, i just had a coffee so I'm reading everything fast :)

Darren King
08-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Just go into utility mode and set the paper tray to "Special". That will isolate the tray until it is chosen from the control panel.
Darren

morpk
08-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Just go into utility mode and set the paper tray to "Special". That will isolate the tray until it is chosen from the control panel.
Darren

ahhh yes that is a good suggestion that will work well if i don't find they switch settings that's for that suggestion :)

Custom Search