PDA

View Full Version : C280 J15-01 code on PC-408

Custom Search

faultman
08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi
does anybody have any ideas on a intermittent J15-01 jam codes on the C280 range when feeding from the LCC (PC-408). We have tried various things including motors and LCC control board and replaced the feed assemby.

JustManuals
08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
08-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Try this. It's worked for me on at least two occasions:

Misfeeds (1501) from tray #3 (PC-408) only, with 350 sheets or less in the right side of the tray, right in the bite of the feed/separation rollers. Standard letter sized paper (279mm) fits a little too snuggly front to rear, causing the lift plate to tip to the right at the top of it's lift. To replicate the problem remove tray front face and lift motor. Manually lift the tray to observe tipping. Theory: paper stalls when the left side of the stack presses against the top of the feed unit. Loosen the four right side screws to spread the front and rear frames/guides an additional 1.25mm (the remaining screw hole clearance). Snug screws.

=^..^=

EarthKmTech
08-30-2012, 11:15 AM
i wonder if this problem also exists in the metric area lcc's?

what is the difference with the actual tray between letter and A4 lcc's ?

I have never seen a letter size lcc before.

blackcat4866
08-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I would imagine that the rear guide would be positioned 18mm further back in the tray. There wouldn't even need to be any tray size programming changes. KM machines can recognize both Inch and Metric, even mixed in the various trays.

There isn't really an adjustment per se, just enough clearance in the mounting holes to move it around a little. I would have preferred to get 279.5mm front to rear, but there just was not enough movement to get there. 279.0mm is just barely enough room to function properly.
=^..^=

PeterG
10-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Old thread dig! This is driving me nuts.

As the title says, paper is stopping at random intervals, usually with little paper in the tray. Always with the leading edge about 1cm through the rollers.
Have swapped everything in LCT. Including entire PC-408 with known good unit. Still getting J15-01's every 20 or 30 sheets!
Any-one have any ideas?
Have also swapped the PRCB. No difference.
HELP, Please!!!!!

Hansoon
01-30-2023, 06:01 PM
Old thread dig! This is driving me nuts.

As the title says, paper is stopping at random intervals, usually with little paper in the tray. Always with the leading edge about 1cm through the rollers.
Have swapped everything in LCT. Including entire PC-408 with known good unit. Still getting J15-01's every 20 or 30 sheets!
Any-one have any ideas?
Have also swapped the PRCB. No difference.
HELP, Please!!!!!

+1 here. Did exactly the same, including exchange of the whole PC-408. Followed of course also the previous advice, including the one from Cat. Only thing left is changing the Power Supply. Perhaps there's a short power drop?

Any ideas?

Hans

allan
01-30-2023, 07:59 PM
Have you tried reloading firmware on it? As like Cat I have aslo had issues with the lift plate skewing ever so slightly. If I recall its got little white stack hooks on top of the sides of the tray that catches the stack probably to level it. If one side is missing(hopefully at the bottom of the tray) it causes the one rear corner to lift a little higher making the front of the plate drop in a corner.

Hansoon
01-31-2023, 08:04 AM
Thanks Allan, still possible, but hard to imagine that the replacement PC-408 I brought to the customer had exactly the same issue. This replacement PC-408 unit has been tested before in our workshop, running thousand sheets through it. Testing was not done with the simulation mode but with real printing and there was not a single jam. When we replaced the PC-408, already within the first 30 sheets, this weird jam occurred again. Paper sitting between the separation rollers peeping a little out.

I have some other BH-C-280/360 with PC-408 and also PC-207 having similar problems but not so heavy as with this one but still more jams with paper sitting between the separation rollers as described above.

Start to believe that it could be power supply related.

Hans

allan
01-31-2023, 11:32 AM
I can't remember if there is a difference on the 2nd feed unit between a C280 and a C360. I know its got the black guide on the second unit that comes off with a singe screw. I have broken those before. Or simply removed it for "weight reduction":p.

I am curious about this issue. Let us know if the PSU is the issue.

Hansoon
01-31-2023, 01:10 PM
Allan if we are talking about the 2nd feed unit of the machine itself, yes they are a little different and are marked with different colored connectors. My problem however is with the Additional PC-408 (2.700 sheet) and perhaps a related problem with one PC-207 (2x 500 sheets) Both use the same stepper motors. PC-208 has two, one for take up and the same type for feeding the paper. The PC-207 has the same parts and configuration but twice, each for one cassette.

Yes "weight reduction" is a serious issue LOL.

And yes....... I HATE swapping power units. So many connectors with each so many wires to remove, every one can cause an issue later on, and I hate all those stupid wire saddles too....

Hans

Custom Search