PDA

View Full Version : Oce VL5022 - Looks like KM rebadge, NIC trouble.

Custom Search

ToshibaTech
08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Anyone see this on a KM machine in particular?

Problem: Customer can't print.

Steps taken:
1.) Can't ping
2.) Verify IP configuration, DHCP reservation, etc
3.) Try different cables, switch port, PC, different static adddress
4.) Copier will not pull a DHCP address ("clencher 1")
5.) Setup a seperate network not touching the customer's equpiment at all; using a switch and three other PCs with static addressses. All PCs can communicate, none can ping the copier, none can print to the copier. ("clencher 2")
6.) Three times the Oce tech has came out and printed to the copier using a cross over cable. The customer has witnessed him printing with a cross over cable.

My assumption is that whatever is causing the copier not to print or respond when hooked into a switch (customer's network, or my brand new switch I used to setup a seperate network) is not causing the problem with a cross over cable.

Thoughts?

Hansoon
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
= Bizhub 501. That's all I Know.

Hans

blackcat4866
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Look at this post. I think it's just what you need:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/68627-bizhub-501-wont-print-i-think-previous-post-messed-up.html

Oh, I just read #6. You've seen it print via crossover.
How about this?: Instead of Network Speed: Auto, select 100MBs. Sometimes MFP's with Gigabit speed available will not communicate well with 100MBs switches.
=^..^=

Mr Spock
08-30-2012, 12:32 AM
My first thought is the print chip is not in the machine. As to #6 was it a crossover or usb?
Try this
utility/counter
user
printer
reports
configuration

(I think that is it I may be off a step or 2)

and see what comes out. If nothing or no config option then no print chip.
Otherwise it could be firewall issue with the network.( especially with norton)

rrrohan
09-03-2012, 07:12 AM
id start by giving it a static IP. if that works it has to be a issue with DHCP server.
If it only serves devices that have a reservation maybe the copiers MAC address was input incorrectly on the DHCP server.

ToshibaTech
09-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Just an update... finally we were able to go on site and meet the Oce tech. He was indeed using a crossover cable and it was working. We got on site first and verified again by setting the copier up on a seperate static-addressed network that it was still not working. The Oce tech showed up, plugged in a crossover cable and it printed. Then, amazingly, it was still working when we plugged it back into the customer's network. Fluke? Probably... the customer has let us know that it happened once more since then and he has called Oce back in.

Odd problem, indeed but come on Oce; just put a board in it. We've already effectively swapped out the whole network and all that Oce is doing is showing up, printing from a laptop with a cross over cable. That has given them a diminishing deniability in the problem and they have yet to do anything different.

I know it's a corporation and the techs are probably under all kinds of rules but it's a shame they leave the customer hanging.

EarthKmTech
09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Look at this post. I think it's just what you need:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/68627-bizhub-501-wont-print-i-think-previous-post-messed-up.html

Oh, I just read #6. You've seen it print via crossover.
How about this?: Instead of Network Speed: Auto, select 100MBs. Sometimes MFP's with Gigabit speed available will not communicate well with 100MBs switches.
=^..^=

Pay attention to this man -^^^^

Sometimes network speed negotiation fails due to incompatibilities with the customers network, in this case you will not be able to ping the machine randomly and you wont even get a network link.

My failsafe, never let me down setting is 100/half duplex. 100/full duplex is questionable due to the possibility of crap cabling hence why i choose half.

The settings should be under device settings under network settings if memory serves me correctly.

Custom Search