PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C552 error code C-C180

Custom Search

scoonered
08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Guys
I have today killed a perfectly good working machine by performing a firmware update. I have done this hundreds of times befor & it has never been an issue until today.
Once the latest fimware was loaded I rebooted the machine & it comes to ready to copy state then after about 30 seconds or so it throws up error code C-C180
I have reloaded the firmware several times & also tried older firmware but the same result every time.
Any help appreciated.

emujo
08-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Found this for the C451, but it's probably applicable to the C552

Also ensure you are using the C552, not the C552DS firmware

Subject:
CC180 error code.
Description:
CC180 error code.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. AU-201H card reader was installed without the driver. Prior to installing the card reader, the AU-201H driver/firmware must be downloaded to the MFP using the Compact Flash card.
Download the AU-201H card reader firmware to the MFP. To verify the firmware is installed:
a. Enter Service mode and select the Firmware tab.
b. Select tab 4 and verify the firmware is listed under "Loadable Device Driver".
Please refer to the attached firmware file and associated Release Notes.

2. Corrupted or incorrect firmware caused a NVRAM failure.
To correct:
a. Re-flash the MFP with correct firmware.
b. Perform a NVRAM Reset procedure then perform a NVRAM Initialization.
c. Reboot the MFP.
d. If you get a Security Pattern on the entire page (1/4-inch gray/black squares all over the copies) then perform the Copier Installation Procedure in the following order:

Touch Panel Adjustment in Accessibility settings
Gradation Adjustment in Service Mode
Date/Time setting in Service Mode
Date/Time setting in Administrator Mode
Enter Install Date in Service Mode
Serial Number Input in Service Mode
List Output in Service Mode

If step "b" did not give you a MFP screen and you are still getting the C-C180, then replace the NVRAM. Step "d" is when you get a MFP screen and the error code went away, but you are now getting a box pattern. Emujo

Custom Search