PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 920 paper sticking to drum and flipping...

Custom Search

methogod
09-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Have a older machine that has a lot on it. But we keep it running quite well. I know the high voltage is a little weak so we compensate by running all stock as COLORED PAPER, it helps believe it or not.

Well it seems whatever is wrong that we have to TRICK it, fixed the flipping pages before but now its happening again, not very often but we run 10K duplex at a time.

what manual adjustment would you suggest, keeping in mind that its not any of the supplies or corona units.

thanks,

JustManuals
09-05-2012, 03:44 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mr Spock
09-05-2012, 03:56 AM
fix the high voltage issue.
check the drum claws are working and solenoid is operating correctly
Check the life of the drum, coronas, developer they may need changing.

methogod
09-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Everything is up to date, whats the high voltage issue?

i have 7 920's, only 2 have to be ran as colored paper to keep them from flipping.

One had alot of clicks on it, but the other has half as many.

We change claws about every 2-4 million, as they brake off, never had a claw issue except when a toner clogged the solenoid.

PM, DRUM, DV all done recently, Upper Corona has been swapped and tested as has the lower been changed recently.

suomi
09-05-2012, 06:13 AM
More lower corona volts>>Separation AC/DC about 10 more.

NEOTECH
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
i thank u copier seperation 1/2 is weak adjest hight voltage .

WetPaper
09-19-2012, 02:07 AM
I've seen different paper types react differently when it comes to separation from the drum on these machines. Did you try flipping the paper over? ;)

Another problem we've run into is one of the hv sep wires(not the corona wire itself but the wires that come from the HV located in rear of the adu to the XFER/SEP contact holder assy) was broken inside the wire shielding. We assume it happened over time from the customer opening and closing the adu handle over a period of years. It was a only a one time occurrence.

The most common problem we've seen is that the drum sep claw guide assy plastic pins that fit into the slots on the main drum/dv drawer unit starts to wear on both the bottom of the pins and bottom of the slots after going back and forth for millions of copies. This causes the drum sep claw assy to sag just enough to catch the paper on the lead edge. We've ordered the drum sep claw guide assy and transfered all the parts to it (solenoid, claws, claw springs, etc.). As for the main drum/dv drawer unit we usually just try to shim the slotted areas(bottom side) with some mylar with the "sticky back". The rear side usually is worn more due to the weight of the solenoid.

Custom Search