PDA

View Full Version : DF-621 on BH 363

Custom Search

Kidaver
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I've got a DF-621 on a Bizhub 363 that at random times (mostly on large packets it seems) that will try to pull in an extra phantom page after everything is been ran thru. It seems to happen more on scanning as well. I'm thinking because the DF is running at a higher speed. I checked all the sensors and sensor flags and they seem fine. I'm going back tomorrow and going thru all the adjustments for this DF with a test sheet just to make sure that isn't the issue. Has anyone else come across this?

blazebusiness
09-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I've got a DF-621 on a Bizhub 363 that at random times (mostly on large packets it seems) that will try to pull in an extra phantom page after everything is been ran thru. It seems to happen more on scanning as well. I'm thinking because the DF is running at a higher speed. I checked all the sensors and sensor flags and they seem fine. I'm going back tomorrow and going thru all the adjustments for this DF with a test sheet just to make sure that isn't the issue. Has anyone else come across this?

When that happens does the machine indicate a jam? Or is it just that the document feed rollers turn but no jam indication? If no jam is indicated it could be a problem with "Up control":

When a job is completed, the document feed motor starts rotating backward. Then, the
swing arm mounted on the same shaft as the document feed roller is rotated backward to
thereby raise the document pick-up roller to the standby position. The document pick-up roller is fixed at the raised position by a flat spring

blackcat4866
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
... or the original detect sensor may have been dislodged by an overly aggressive jam removal. The end of the return spring may be unhooked. =^..^=

Mr Spock
09-06-2012, 04:21 AM
I just had one were the exit switch spring came undone and was throwing feed error codes instead of exit codes. This was a 423

emujo
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
This doc feeder seems to run best when using fresh 8X11 paper...Have seen many issues when customers are running crappy orignals ( prefolded, unstapled, old originals from the file cabinet etc..) ADF seems to be weak on double feed prevent. It's always rough when they take the same stack of garbage and run it through the 5+ yr old MFP sitting next to it with 0 issues...Emujo

Kidaver
09-06-2012, 02:01 PM
It indicates a jam. j66-02 to be exact. All I could find in the solutions was allowing the tension spring for the reading motor to take up some slack which i had done several weeks ago. I've checked to make sure all the sensors were in place correctly and even wound the springs an extra time to make sure they had enough to spring the flags back into place. But they are running large packets of stuff that has been sitting around a bit, but I pulled a fresh stack of paper from tray 1 and ran it thru the ADF and still got the same issue.

Kidaver
09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Follow up on this. I went back with a test chart and went thru all the DF adjustments from the installation guides. I'd go to the Service Mode setting and choose what I needed to do where it would ask me to put the Test Chart in and it would reset and go back to the top menu of Service Mode. After having to place the chart first and then select the adjustment I needed and finished up, I hunted in the admin settings for what was resetting it. Under System Settings, Reset Settings, Job Reset is a setting to reset every time an original is set in the ADF. After talking to the ladies that work in the office it seems they would be scanning these 30 page packets and emailing them to their drivers or what not. They get 3 or 4 packets stacking up and ready to go. I'm thinking they'd scan one and before the job would actually finish they'd put the next packet in and hit the sensor and cause everything to reset. I turned that setting off and just ran paper thru it for 30 minutes and never had an issue.

blackcat4866
09-06-2012, 11:34 PM
That's good to know. Thanks for the update.
Do you know the factory default condition for this Job Reset function? =^..^=

Kidaver
09-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I am not certain on it. I went to school for these machines but they never mentioned anything about it. Sadly this machine is the closest one to the office and it's 30 miles away. The few others we have are further and I've not had any calls on them other than to go do the routine maint on installing drum and dev recently but next time I'm near another I'll check it out or if I get another machine in beforehand.

Custom Search