PDA

View Full Version : CQ Continuous Magenta stripes/background on C451. please help?!?!

Custom Search

Microoffice
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi guys

I have this C451 thats been giving me copy quality issues for the last week now. i've replaced the magenta imaging unit, reloaded firmware, checked boards, but cant seem to find the problem. I've attached examples of what its doing, its intermittend but occurring more often now than before. i would appreciate any input, thanx so much!

Emujo, maybe you've had this before? if you can help i'd appreciate bud.

Thanx in advance.

Ben

emujo
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
There have been rumours around about a bad batch of Y/M IU's, but I would doubt you would get 2 in a row...my gut feeling is a problem with the HVT (#2 I believe) either losing contact with the connectors that supply the various voltages to the IU, or just intermittanty failing. It's a big job requiring removal of most of the rear components to get the the HVT...We have had several on the C550 series go bad. There was also a mod to hold the IU tighter against the rear contacts that fixed a couple of CQ issues like this. Good luck. Emujo

REDGRIFF
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi, I have the exact problem,
What did you do in the end to sort this problem out?

wseyller
04-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Couple months ago I did have two c451 magenta iu in a row go bad but different issue where the machine had trouble code at boot up. I thought no way two in a row. KMBS ticket created and I was told to try a third which solved my problem. I first tried them in another machine first. If you have the luxury of another machine test the IU.

I do agree a HV issue which could be somewhere between the IU and the HV unit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PeterG
04-04-2013, 04:42 AM
I would go MFP board, personally.

Custom Search