PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C352 TCR problems?

Custom Search

paulrid
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi all,

I have a C352 which is producing prints which have 100% coverage yellow and black as per attached file. I have tried changed the IU's, transfer belt and checked electrical connectors none of which made a difference. As you would expect I am also having problems with low TCR for yellow and black as its putting a lot of toner down.
Has anyone seen this before?

Many thanks Paul.

kingarthur
09-07-2012, 03:49 PM
i've had that , after i had to remove the main pcb, due to replacing the drive uint, i suspected that i might have damaged the ribbon cable, because each time i took it apart & put it back together again, it would change between either magenta, black or both....but have had it before when it's been the HV pcb not seated correctly....luckily they decided to replace it with a later model

paulrid
09-07-2012, 04:09 PM
i've had that , after i had to remove the main pcb, due to replacing the drive uint, i suspected that i might have damaged the ribbon cable, because each time i took it apart & put it back together again, it would change between either magenta, black or both....but have had it before when it's been the HV pcb not seated correctly....luckily they decided to replace it with a later modelThanks for the reply kingarthur, I haven't removed the main pcb or any parts on the back but it does look electrical to me, I'll get the back off and check those connectors.

JustManuals
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Elle
09-07-2012, 08:05 PM
you might try cleaning the HV contacts at the back of the IU cavity before removing all those covers. if that dosent get it then i would check the contact surface on the ribbon cable that goes into the shield box for the MFP control board, if some of the contact surface is peeling away you can get that img. i've seen that a lot. for the record i hate that box. oh and i have been known to trim the insertion edge a bit, like less than one mm. be very very careful if you go that route.

blackcat4866
09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
... oh and i have been known to trim the insertion edge a bit, like less than one mm. be very very careful if you go that route.

Ditto that, on other models. I've had good success with trimming. =^..^=

paulrid
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replying guys, I'll let you know.

Albonline
09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
also try the ribbon on the front print head connection board. also block some of the light path from the print heads to eliminate the ph's themselves.

paulrid
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Turns out to be the MFP so swapped over and all is well, thanks for all the ideas.

Dare I now ask another question, again this is a C352 which was working fine then started making a grinding noise around the fusing drive section and would error with a 3452 code. Then the noise stopped and the machine would appear to work but when the paper got to the fusing unit it would stop as if there is no drive. I have changed both the fusing drive motor M4 and the fusing pressure roller M24 but it's still the same, any ideas?

Thanks Paul.

kingarthur
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
its the fuser dirve assy casing that has cracked, when you remove the fuser it's the black plastic part that is on the rear frame, the gear that drives the fuser sticks out from it, unfortunately to remove it, you have to remove the main pcb again...

paulrid
09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
its the fuser dirve assy casing that has cracked, when you remove the fuser it's the black plastic part that is on the rear frame, the gear that drives the fuser sticks out from it, unfortunately to remove it, you have to remove the main pcb again...

Thanks again Kingarthur, I haven't had chance to look at it yet but I'll let you know when I have.

Paul.

paulrid
09-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Thanks Kingarthur looks like you were spot on, I can feel a crack behind the drive shaft. I have never taken one of these off so I'm working in the dark a bit, do you know if there's a article about it? Can't see it in the service manual.

Thanks Paul.

Custom Search