PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c200 fax problems.

Custom Search

brent
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
it will print fine and scan and incomming faxes are fine. it will not fax out.
I could not hear a fax tone. but it does accept faxes for sure. any thoughts>
I was going to initialize it. but didn't have the book with me. any thoughts
will be appreciated.
brent

blackcat4866
09-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Did you attach an analog phone to the line to see if it's possible to dial out (with the fax uninvolved)? I've come across a few situations where one way communication was taking place, but not two way. Also check to see if the phone line is plugged into the Line connection, not the Handset connection. These two items apply to any facsimilie. =^..^=

brent
09-08-2012, 04:02 AM
I will have to figure it out. yes it is plugged into the connector. it does recieve just fine. the problem is it is an old building. and this machines has been in place for three years. no probs till right now. I was hoping to hit the on hook dial. and listen to a dial tone. like the bizhub other models. it was easier to hear for tone. this one seems to have me stumped. was going to try to initialize the machine as well. I need to do some more digging

brent

TheOwl
09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
What BlackCat is trying to say is unplug the the machine from the line and plug in an analogue phone and then see if you can hear a dial tone from there.

If the machine is behind a PABX, then there is no telling what may have been done or "fixed".

The other thing to try is turning off dial tone detection as there may be a line there, but no dial tone until the PABX outside line number has been dialed first.

brent
09-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I will take a regular phone and see if there is a dial tone. I do need a little clarification. do I need to take a rotory type phone or just a phone with a cord connected? I suspect the phone line has a problem. but I will have to get it sorted out. has anyone had a problem on dialing out only with these machines? I don't know how a phone line could be at fault just at dial out. but would work fine on incoming. but then again. we have to dial a (8) before we dial out. that might be something to consider as well

thanks for your imput. very much appreciated

brent

knightfall
09-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Brent you sound like you never worked with faxes and phone line problems before, really! a rotary phone they disappeared in the 70s.

blackcat4866
09-10-2012, 12:50 AM
... I do need a little clarification. do I need to take a rotory type phone or just a phone with a cord connected? ...

Most phone local services no longer recognize rotary (or PD: Pulse Dialing). You'll need Tone Dialing. The important part is that it is a separate analog phone, not using the fax card of your MFP and not directed through the fax card of your MFP.

... but then again. we have to dial a (8) before we dial out. that might be something to consider as well ...

Perhaps something as simple as Pauses will solve your dialing problem. Here's the explanation:

When you memory dial from your MFP the fax stores the sequence until you press Start to send. Let's say the number is 818005551212. The fax dials the number continuously without breaks, yet often there is a time delay from the time the first 8 is dialed to the time when an outside line is available can be two to five seconds, during which several of the (bolded) digits are lost 818005551212. Since 05551212 is not a valid phone number it fails. In this situation you'll need to dial one to three Pauses (represented by "P") after the first 8, giving you two additional seconds per Pause, i.e.: 8PP18005551212.

=^..^=

blackcat4866
09-10-2012, 12:58 AM
... Also check to see if the phone line is plugged into the Line connection, not the Handset connection...

... yes it is plugged into the connector ...

... which? There are two choices. =^..^=

brent
09-10-2012, 02:48 AM
I got analog confused with the rotory. sorry knightfall.

brent
09-11-2012, 01:20 AM
I was able to initialize in the fax mode. via that button on the back. there was a place in the menu from initial to clear fax problems. I could't find it the other day. but I did find it today. and that fixed it. thanks

Custom Search