PDA

View Full Version : c451 frimware or driver fault?

Custom Search

pgabor
09-10-2012, 06:27 AM
2-3 days pcb halted.
After power off-on the home page appears please wait is displayed.
Not work service mode, and firmware upgrade.

I connect the HDD to your notebook, Windows scandisk many errors are a lot of Fate. Through the notebook format the HDD and put back machine, working service mode where I can work with formatted. The machine is running after him.
The HDD has changed my life, but the same error occurs.

EarthKmTech
09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
when a c451 hard drive fails, you will get "please wait" when you goto the fax/scan screen.

print jobs will randomly disapear and / or the machine will no longer be able to be pinged on the network.

you will not be able to enter service mode or perform a trouble reset.

how to temporarily get the machine going untill a new hard drive arrives;

unplug the hdd, start up machine, wait for error code, go into service mode and turn off hdd.

you will be able to use the machine as a printer but no scanning or faxing.

when you receive the new hard drive, turn back on the hdd in service mode, install it, turn the machine back on, go into service mode and perform a logical format.

you will need to setup the address book again and any user boxes.

I have done this only about a thousand times now.

mechanical HDD's are absolute shit these days, I wonder if anyone has tried a 64gb ssd in these machines yet ? the original drive was only 60gb. and the ssd will be cheaper than the genuine km drive, a hell of alot faster and probably more reliable.

PS, when the drive fucks up, throw it in the bin, dont bother wasting time on it as it WILL fail again.

Custom Search