PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 751 only japanese, no english after 3 weeks without power

Custom Search

bswiech
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi,
bizhub 751 displays only japanese language, there is no other language to choose. On web menu no fonts at all, only graphics. Machnie was not working for about 3 weeks.
any suggestions?

thanks
Bartlomiej

kingarthur
09-11-2012, 05:00 PM
why has it had no power for 3 weeks, have you replaced any components, if you aren't a tech, i suggest you call one..

bswiech
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
it was just switched off, like normal. There was vacations and no work for it. We call service, but no one have clue what to do. Minolta service said that this is impossible...

blackcat4866
09-11-2012, 07:34 PM
It sounds to me like the firmware is corrupted. Why? I can't image, if the machine was proper turned off, that is. Now if the power plug was pulled while the machine was sleeping, or only shut off at the panel ... then yes, the firmware can be corrupted this way. You'll need a service tech to re-load the firmware. The timespan shouldn't have anything to with it. We have machines sit here in the warehouse for 25 months or more, Off and without power, with no difficulties.

Does it print, copy, ... the things you can manage to do without being able to read the screen? =^..^=

bswiech
09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
It sounds to me like the firmware is corrupted. Why? I can't image, if the machine was proper turned off, that is. Now if the power plug was pulled while the machine was sleeping, or only shut off at the panel ... then yes, the firmware can be corrupted this way. You'll need a service tech to re-load the firmware. The timespan shouldn't have anything to with it. We have machines sit here in the warehouse for 25 months or more, Off and without power, with no difficulties.

Does it print, copy, ... the things you can manage to do without being able to read the screen? =^..^=

nobody notice power blackout, but of course it is possible.

Is it hard to reload firmware to it?

Machine copy normally, doesn't print and there is no programmed scan file location.

blazebusiness
09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
nobody notice power blackout, but of course it is possible.

Is it hard to reload firmware to it?

Machine copy normally, doesn't print and there is no programmed scan file location.

The issue is not that it's not that it's hard to reload firmware.....but that the firmware is only available to a technician with full access to Konica Minolta tech support. Konica maintains extremely tight control over proprietary items like their firmware. You will need a technician with access to the firmware or you will not be able to obtain what you need to fix the unit. Call someone in your area and setup a service call will be your only option.

EarthKmTech
09-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm a technician and i know i could fix it, easily.

I suggest you call another service provider, if they have "no idea" and wont even come look at it they shouldn't be in this business.

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Hey I'm a technician too....EarthKmTech.... well somedays I'm a tech...

"bswiech" Send me an airplane ticket, have a rental car ready, and luxury hotel room. Should take me about 15 minutes to reload the firmware....

As previously posted you should have a factory authorized service technician....service the equipment....

Mr Spock
09-12-2012, 04:29 AM
This may not be a power issue it maybe that someone ran the data clear/overwrite. I have had a few customers that require this when they send the machine back and when the process is finished the machine reboots and Japanese is the default language. Read the user guide and it should have the steps to change language. If you follow the numbers in the manual it may bring it back to English.

bswiech
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
This may not be a power issue it maybe that someone ran the data clear/overwrite. I have had a few customers that require this when they send the machine back and when the process is finished the machine reboots and Japanese is the default language. Read the user guide and it should have the steps to change language. If you follow the numbers in the manual it may bring it back to English.I was trying that, but only 2 languages was displayed, both non readable :)

Mr Spock
09-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I was trying that, but only 2 languages was displayed, both non readable :)

try one then the other, if still not right then you will need to get the correct firmware for your region.

Custom Search