PDA

View Full Version : KM 1050e - How much longer can I keep it together

Custom Search

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I just left my last call, and it's been a long day...

I have a 1050e that just hit 29,900,000 clicks.....and they plan to run the machine another 8 hours tonight....

I have to stop by the store tonight to pick up some more glue, duct tape and band aids....

So how much longer am I suppose to keep this beast running....?

blackcat4866
09-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Impressive! Sic your salesman on this one.

Hey, I ordered two "Cut Kits" today for the PRO950's. It should be interesting to install. =^..^=

Masterchief
09-12-2012, 02:03 AM
I just left my last call, and it's been a long day...

I have a 1050e that just hit 29,900,000 clicks.....and they plan to run the machine another 8 hours tonight....

I have to stop by the store tonight to pick up some more glue, duct tape and band aids....

So how much longer am I suppose to keep this beast running....?

Mighty impressive total, Would hate to be you mate

Best of luck

Masterchief

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Impressive! Sic your salesman on this one.

Hey, I ordered two "Cut Kits" today for the PRO950's. It should be interesting to install. =^..^=

Actually they have two 1050's the other machine has 19 million clicks...they are getting two new KM 1200's in November to replace these units...there were suppose to get them in July but they want to bleed every last copy out of these machines... the machines sound like trains when running...LOL... and when I said glue, and duct tape I'm not kidding....

Cut kit's are great for customers with very low toner coverage (variable data runs) or dirty (talc/preprinted) paper... when you install the hose to the waste tank make it as short as possible...also order an extra pump for your car stock... depending on the volume I have the customer change the waste tank out twice as much sooner than what it is rated for...300k..i think... I have the kits on all the older 1050's

Masterchief
09-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Dont mean to sound stupid, but could you explain what Cut Kits are please

blackcat4866
09-12-2012, 02:50 AM
Sorry! AKA: Recycle Unit, it's a misnomer, since the name is sort of the opposite of what it really does. A cut kit diverts a portion of the waste toner to an external (read: optional) reservoir. In cases where the customer uses very dusty paper, the developer can last significantly longer if less of the waste toner is recycled. It looks sort of like a PC tower sitting next to your MFP, with a vinyl hose attaching it. =^..^=

Masterchief
09-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry! AKA: Recycle Unit, it's a misnomer, since the name is sort of the opposite of what it really does. A cut kit diverts a portion of the waste toner to an external (read: optional) reservoir. In cases where the customer uses very dusty paper, the developer can last significantly longer if less of the waste toner is recycled. It looks sort of like a PC tower sitting next to your MFP, with a vinyl hose attaching it. =^..^=

Well ill be damned, great idea this is the first i have ever heard of....

Will it work on other machines too like Ricoh's and Kyocera

Masterchief

Kidaver
09-12-2012, 03:51 AM
29.9 mil clicks....that is amazing....I went to school for the c7000 machine few months ago and our print shop has one...we also service a 1051 in our area and have a 951 on the way...I've only been working on copiers since Feb of last year but when I saw these production machines from Konica Minolta I was very impressed...these things are beasts....as out regional tech rep said they are "treekillers" they just pump out paper....I guess it's just the "guy" in me but when it comes to electronics the bigger the better....goin thru AIT in the army working on medical equipment all the little stuff like IV pumps, baby incubators, ventilators, and such board me....but when we got to the big x-ray machines that was boss....most ppl in school crapped their pants when they handed out these huge wiring schematics for them...I got out my map pencils and was ready to trace lines...but anyways yeah they say run the crap out of these machines if you want them to work good....our c7000 down in the print shop has had almost now problems other then print driver issues on an old mac computer....I think I've only been called down to unjam it once or twice or explain some feature but no problems...almost makes me sad I kinda wanna work on it more lol....but I'm sure I'll get my day soon enough...

Kidaver
09-12-2012, 03:53 AM

Masterchief

Kyocera's have waste toner....I don't think they recycle any at all...which is a shame as all the Taskalfa's seem to puke out enough waste toner...

blackcat4866
09-13-2012, 02:24 AM

Masterchief

Nope. As a matter of fact it only mates with 6 or 7 very similar Konica Minoltas in the same historical series.

Way back on the DC-313Z, Mita finally figured out that if you don't recycle the developer can go from 30K to 100K life, The DC-4050/4080 was a real improvement by not recycling ... at first, until the paper dust problem. But that's another story. =^..^=

Kidaver
09-13-2012, 02:32 AM
I should have kept my mouth shut about working on these machines....got a text earlier today after I left work a lil early...seems my first priority in the morning is to go figure out why Tray 5 isn't lifting on our C7000p.....

blackcat4866
09-13-2012, 02:41 AM
LU-202? PF-602? =^..^=

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-13-2012, 03:16 AM
I should have kept my mouth shut about working on these machines....got a text earlier today after I left work a lil early...seems my first priority in the morning is to go figure out why Tray 5 isn't lifting on our C7000p.....

LOL.....your fun is just beginning... My schedule for tomorrow: 1050e needs a fuser rebuild, 6501 down with HD error code and 7000 stopping during print jobs and just idles until they hit the print button again.... and a tech assist call on an old C6500....been down two days now, and all these customers want a 4 hour response time....

I am surprised in your previous post you only been working on copiers since Feb of last year...and they already having you working on Production machines...I have been working on copiers since 79 ... normally techs learn segment 1-3 b/w before they start on color... and spend several years on these level machines before working on larger systems.... color can get very complicated when you start adding Creo and Fiery controllers and customers who demand high quality output consistently...color matching....multiple color profiles..... there is so much more to color than what you been told... but I wish you the best of luck...in your new career.......

But I do enjoy working on these monster machines... something new and challenging comes up all the time... who is your region tech from KM...is it "Rick"....

Kidaver
09-13-2012, 04:16 AM
it's a PF 602....and I worked on laser printers for years back in the 90's...did some time working on industrial line printers and thermal printers for a while...macs and pc's.....went to school thru the military for medical equipment....I just have a good sense of troubleshooting and understanding how things work electrically and mechanically....I enjoy a challenge...nah our region KM tech is Bill Jennings...he was just in the office the other day...good guy....

Kidaver
09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Follow up on the PF-602 not lifting. The paper feed assy was not dropping down all the way to turn PS9 off. I assume they are slamming the tray 5 shut but they'll never admit to it but I mentioned it anyways. Just had to realign the gear teeth so it dropped down correctly.

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Follow up on the PF-602 not lifting. The paper feed assy was not dropping down all the way to turn PS9 off. I assume they are slamming the tray 5 shut but they'll never admit to it but I mentioned it anyways. Just had to realign the gear teeth so it dropped down correctly.

You think for all the money they spent on these machines, they take a little better care...they probably used their foot to shut the drawer...typical customer....KICK IT.....

Mita-Konica-Tech
09-15-2012, 02:50 AM

Did you get your kits installed yet....???

blackcat4866
09-15-2012, 03:32 PM
The mounting kits arrived. The recycle units are backordered. I really wanted to do it with the developer change, but may have to do it later since this one machine is dumping toner on the bed like crazy. If they're not here by Monday, I'm changing the developer regardless. =^..^=

Custom Search