PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 420 turnover defaults to wrong position

Custom Search

b3p0
09-14-2012, 11:06 PM
We just picked up a new account and grandfathered in a BH420 with the maintenance agreement, knowing it needed a PM and a new registration clutch.
I did the registration clutch replacement and ran 20 thru the machine. Turned it back off and then did a PM on the machine. After I was finished with the software procedures post PM(counter reset, TCR adjust ect.) First page out I have a jamming problem at the fuser. After some closer investigation, the Turnover/switchback guide is staying in the duplexing guide position instead of lifting into the normal fuser exit position.
I made sure the original was set as a single sided copy, and if i tell it to duplex it obviously runs it thru the first side and does flip it back thru and then jams on exit because the turnover guide doesn't lift and the turnover rollers arent turning.

When I go into service mode and select any menu it will flip the turnover guide into the correct position, then it goes back to the wrong position when i exit service mode.
I can manually hold the turnover guide into the correct position with a screwdriver and the paper will pass out of the fuser without jamming.
I'm going to look and see if there is possible some dipswitch setting i can change or that might have gotten changed somehow.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

pepper38_cnd
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
If your PM required any work on the fuser then you probably unplugged the switch back unit to remove the fuser. I would check for bent pins on those 2 connectors.

kingarthur
09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
as this m/c is virtually identical to the thunderbolt range, i'm certain that you've knocked the turn over gate the wrong side of the lever that moves it...

b3p0
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Checked for bent pins, and checked the lever for the actuator. Nothing wrong there.

I'm going to initialize the machine to see if its a software setting.

any other ideas?

krm
09-18-2012, 03:15 AM
probably not related, but I've had the fuser drive gears on the machine wear out and give jam issues.

Custom Search