PDA

View Full Version : Oce 3622 firmware

Custom Search

blazebusiness
09-15-2012, 08:48 PM
We have the Oce Variolink 3622 which is equivalent to the bizhub 361 and I'm wondering if my bizhub 361 firmware will work in the Oce model. Anybody tried to use the Konica Minolta firmware in this model yet? Is it the same?

JustManuals
09-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Highly doubtful that it will work.

Just my $.02

Paul

blazebusiness
09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Highly doubtful that it will work.

Just my $.02

Paul

I think your probably right my friend. Unless Oce was too lazy to have someone write their own specific firmware and just stuck with modifying small things like the toner hopper and left the firmware alone. All the other parts are the same and even the print drivers. If nobody else has tried this before I guess I'll be the first to find out if it works or not. We have about 20 of these in the warehouse so I guess I can try it on a beatup junker high meter Oce unit just to see. We regularly refurb & resell the bizhub 361 and I would like to do the same with some of the low meter cherry Oce's we sometimes get but don't want to put a box in the field if we cannot fully support it with firmware and parts.

Why the clown pic by the way instead of the pic you used to use? Do you like clowns LOL? Resembles that guy from Madd magazine from the old days. Guess that magazine is still around-----found this current cover.

Darren King
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey blazebusiness, how did you make out installing KonMin firmware on the Oce machine? I have someone asking me if it can be done.
Darren

Shadow
10-22-2012, 05:06 PM
yes the Konica Minolta firmware will work on the Variolink series of machines.
I used to send the latest to the Oce service manager for his team to use.
they are the same machine with a few minor differences.

Darren King
10-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks Shadow. Do you know if the B&W Oce machines can be converted to KonMin as easily as the colour machines can? With the colour all you have to do is change a soft switch.
Darren

Shadow
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
if its the soft switch, then yes it can be done.
you just have to use the Oce supplies so that they fit correctly.
I did 4 years of Konica Minolta and Oce` combined.

blazebusiness
10-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Hey blazebusiness, how did you make out installing KonMin firmware on the Oce machine? I have someone asking me if it can be done.
Darren
I can confirm that it works.

Custom Search