PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C35 no printing from Mac when in sleep mode

Custom Search

B0265
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Have anyone else had the problem that the C35 does not print if you send a job from a Mac (10.7) when the machine is in sleep mode.

EDIT
It looks like the problem is the same if you send a job from a Windows PC.

Bizhub
09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Have anyone else had the problem that the C35 does not print if you send a job from a Mac (10.7) when the machine is in sleep mode. EDIT It looks like the problem is the same if you send a job from a Windows PC. You will need to upgrade the firmware to get rid of this problem.

B0265
09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
What version will solve this? We are currently using controller version A12130G0101609.

Rubsey
09-26-2012, 03:45 PM
The Cure for not waking from Sleep mode was brough out in Version Cont_30G0104283 but there is later firmware which should include this fix.
See the attached read me.

HoonBoy
09-26-2012, 09:43 PM
The Cure for not waking from Sleep mode was brough out in Version Cont_30G0104283 but there is later firmware which should include this fix.
See the attached read me.

That firmware is for a different sleep problem... For if the machine doesn't "wake up" after pressing a button on the control panel....

It's a know problem that some machines have a problem that in sleep mode the first print job send is flushed... Only as from the second job the prints will come out...

It can be a firmware issue... But even after having the latest firmware... Still had a machine with this problem... (Network card loses connection during wakeup... try ping -t in command prompt while in sleep mode and send print job... you will see it loses the connection for a while...)

Replacing the power supply fixed the problem for me.... MFP board can also be the source of the problem.

Rubsey
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Do not discount the firmware as mentioned, for me it cured this problem on 4 machines, 1 in the UK and 3 in the US. This was on PC though.

Also you may get this problem if the Network switch goes to sleep, it may be the network switching off the port while the machine is in sleep mode.
This can be overcome by installing a small hub between the port and the machine, or get the server to ping the address on a regular basis to keep the port alive.

The above firmware will also allow you to turn OFF sleep mode completely, but this is no good for dome customers.

Rubsey
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
OK, should have read "SOME" customers.

paulinho
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Hi mate did you have any luck with this and if so what was the solution. I have a C35 with similar issues. I have tried the latest firmware (A121-30G0-1042-83) but still no luck. I have yet to try the MFP or Power supply.

Thanks.

B0265
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
No this is still unsolved, we now have at least 3 machines with this problem. As a temporary solution we have set sleep mode to "off".
Have not tried any boards yet.

Rubsey
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Do you work for Konica or a dealer of Konica Minolta.
If so report the problem to their helpdesk and get it escalated to TSG dept, we can officially give you information on the possible reasons for this problem.

Rubsey
10-22-2012, 10:19 AM
[Product Name]

Multifunctional Colour : ineo+ 35
Multifunctional Colour : d-Color MF35
Multifunctional Colour : bizhub C35

[Option]

[Subject]

C35 is freezing in "KM logo" or first print is lost and second is printed

[Description]

Machine is freezing in “KM logo” or black display after waking up from energy save mode

2. First print is lost, second job is printed after waking up from energy save mode

[Solution]

Machine is freezing in " KM logo" or black display after waking up from energy save mode

Problem cause :

There was not enough margin between power supply unit and MFPB ,when the machine wakes up from sleep mode (issue is caused by power supply and LCD unit stability)

Countermeasure for the machines showing the problem
Install the special FW (DLBT1201754EN*) on that machines which have freezing issue symptom, not on others.

Please be noted that it takes a little longer time for the machine to recover from sleep mode when you use this FW.
There is the following restriction on DLBT1201754EN* : It takes approximately 12 sec .for the operation panel LCD to turn on when recycling sleep mode.(approximately 5 sec with the current firmware)
Next MR- FW will have the fix of LCD lock problem by a switchable Dip-SW (Default: Off).
Please keep in mind to set the Dip-SW to ON, just If the freezing issue occurs

Countermeasure for Mass-Production
Next MR-FW which will have the fix of LCD lock problem and it will have the Dip-SW (Default: Off).

2. First print is lost, second job is printed after waking up from energy save mode
Problem cause : The controller reboots due to an instantaneous voltage drop when recycling sleep mode under certain power supply condition, no chance for the
controller FW to prevent it

Countermeasure for Mass- production
- Design change of MFPB will be implemented in factory, to keep the power supply to the MFPB circuit during sleep mode recycling.

(New MFPB available from January onwards) :

A121R90412 (bizhub EU, A121021)
A121R90601 (Develop EU, A121021 with Generic FW)
A121R90515 (Olivetti, A121321)

3. Temporary workaround
To set sleep mode to a maximum value

B0265
10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks, do you have the ID no for this document?

B0265
10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
We have replaced the MFPB (current version) on one of the machines and that seems to have solved this problem.

Peppa
03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I am having the same problem with a c35. Could anyone email me this firmware? peppapeppa@gmail.com

Many thanks

Custom Search