PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Pro C5501 Prep befor moving (undocking, scanner lock etc.)

Custom Search

axyun
09-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I have only done 2 calls on this machine which were doc feed and jam problems. I am supposed to undock finisher from machine. I think it's a FS-520 or FS-607. I was looking thru manuals that i have(SM, user guide) but was unable to find info on undocking finisher and securing scanner.
I know some for some finishers you push a rerlease lever and it separates from machine body and then you disconnect connectors.
Is there a scanner locking device or detachable screw on scanner unit or will I need to provide a screw.
Also the operation panel assembly looks vulnerable. Am I supposed to diassemble from main body. The movers will be professional office machine movers. I was asked to plug or empty/replace waste container which I know is on right rear side. Any advice is appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Albonline
09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
2 screws in front right of finisher door (shuold be thumb screws) roll it forward 2-3 inches , will disengage from claws at back. careful not to rip the wires out. unplug wires.
as for the rest of it ,that depends on who and how far its moveing. if just short distance you should be ok leaveing everything installed as long as the unit is kept level. If its moving long distance i would empty supplys and tape over the feed holes for toner. good luck!

axyun
09-20-2012, 01:57 AM
I got lucky as there was no finisher. No adf either. I ran tests on checklist provided, emptied the toner waste container as requested and removed the exit tray, booklet holder and leaf on top right side of machine so it wouldn't break when moved. Thanks again Frank.

Custom Search