PDA

View Full Version : Copy Quality/Gradation not the same?

Custom Search

Jamesu
09-19-2012, 11:42 AM
One of our clients are a big publishing company in the centre of London.

Basically they have two Konica Minolta C360's and they use both of them side by side.

The problem they're complaining of is one copier prints a shade darker than the other, so because they use both of them side by side its a bit of a problem for them when they send the printed documents to their clients.

I've printed some test pages and yes, the one copier is a darker copy, but nothing that would be noticed if there wasn't a printout from the other machine.

What's odd though, is when i print a gradation adjust from both machines the printouts that come off while doing this are perfectly the same, but when the gradation adjust is completed then there is no change in the copied test sheets.

Just so its clear what i've done so far:

Gradation adjust on both machines a fair few times.

I've done a gradation adjust on both machines but only used the printouts from the one machine (If this makes any sense?) Just to see if it would work.

Would i be right in thinking the version may have a part to play? One machine has been in just under a year and the other has been in only a few months.

Hope someone can help, i'm more a Canon tech than Konica, hopefully someone has a bit of a better clue than me!

Thanks in advance! :)

emujo
09-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Since one MFP is older than the other, you may have a consumable that is worn...could be any of the IUs, x-fer belt, or 2nd x-fer roller...If the calibration printouts look the same, you may have a slight difference in the optics that may account for the output difference..Have you tore the glass off and really cleaned the mirrors, lamp, and lens? There are also adjustments in service mode to adjust the colors. You might want to verify firmware is the same on both MFPs, but I doubt this is causing CQ issues. Is the same user sending jobs to both MFPs or is it different users?? Monitor profiles, and quality settings in the drivers can cause output differences between MFPs. Emujo

Custom Search