PDA

View Full Version : Missing Lines is Black on KM C6500 Sample Attatched

Custom Search

plnewton
09-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi All,

Today we have come up all of a sudden with some missing lines in the Black, the attached sample is a print in Greyscale mode and as you can see from the left we you can see 2 large missing lines.

It is not the drum or charger as we have swapped both of those around and it did not change so I am guessing it is in the developing unit but wondered if there is any way to correct this before we order a replacement. The Black Dev Unit is at about 500k so it is not that far off I guess. all the developer powered was changed as part of PM we did just 10k ago

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated17292

907tec
09-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Hate to mention the obvious, but have you checked the laser slit glass? If they get dirty, it can cause similar defects.

Have you looked at the brush on the mag. roll? If there is a blockage behind the doctor blade, you should be able to see some gaps in the mag. roll brush. When rotating the mag roll (in the proper direction!), can you see any uneven spots or gaps in the coating? If so, you can try sliding a business card (or similar) between the mag roll and doctor blade to free up the blockage.

Masterchief
09-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Hi All,

Today we have come up all of a sudden with some missing lines in the Black, the attached sample is a print in Greyscale mode and as you can see from the left we you can see 2 large missing lines.

It is not the drum or charger as we have swapped both of those around and it did not change so I am guessing it is in the developing unit but wondered if there is any way to correct this before we order a replacement. The Black Dev Unit is at about 500k so it is not that far off I guess. all the developer powered was changed as part of PM we did just 10k ago

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated17292

I totally agree with the above posters comment, and would follow that instruction. reading from what you said, "all the developer powered was changed as part of PM we did just 10k ago" and then "The Black Dev Unit is at about 500k so it is not that far off I guess" has me confused. I would like to Know exactly what you have replaced in this machine, and at what counter reading was the replacement done.

Masterchief

plnewton
09-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply..

Yes, I cleaned the slit glass yesterday when we first found it the problem

the Mag. Roller was fine also but once I got stuck into checking it again I found a small piece of (what looked like) cotton thread blocking the laser path to the drum so it is all fine again, still at a bit of a loss as to how it managed to get there

JP1
09-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Lazer fires under the dev tank,you will have dev on the dev tank bottom or on the drum sensor.

plnewton
09-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I totally agree with the above posters comment, and would follow that instruction. reading from what you said, "all the developer powered was changed as part of PM we did just 10k ago" and then "The Black Dev Unit is at about 500k so it is not that far off I guess" has me confused. I would like to Know exactly what you have replaced in this machine, and at what counter reading was the replacement done.

Masterchief

We purchased the machine used and once we had it installed we discovered that it pretty much had zero maintenance done on it, the only thing we did not change was the black developing unit as it was the last thing in the log book that we could actually match up to the counts on the machine which is why it was left, the cmy units all had over 1.2m on them which is double there life

mo0651
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
The lasers fire over the dev units....look for fuzz and dust in the path.

Custom Search