PDA

View Full Version : 5030 toner waste bottle problem

Custom Search

Sathsayin
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
The machine periodically comes up with a message to replace the toner waste bottle, but the bottle is no where near full. Installing a new toner waste bottle does not clear the message. The only way I have been able to get the message to clear is to push in the silver piece (the piece the top of the waste bottle fits into). When this silver piece is pushed in, the pathway that the toner dumps through opens. While keeping that silver piece pushed in, i then bump the loose toner out before installing a waste bottle. What could be tha cause of this and is there some type of fix?

kyoceradude
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Does the waste bottle lock into place? At one point they changed the waste bottle and there was a problem with them staying in place. The other issue was the lock on the Bracket HV Assy broke off and you have to replace the Bracket assy.

Sathsayin
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
The toner waste bottle is locking into place.

Franky Tan
01-09-2008, 01:55 PM
The machine periodically comes up with a message to replace the toner waste bottle, but the bottle is no where near full. Installing a new toner waste bottle does not clear the message. The only way I have been able to get the message to clear is to push in the silver piece (the piece the top of the waste bottle fits into). When this silver piece is pushed in, the pathway that the toner dumps through opens. While keeping that silver piece pushed in, i then bump the loose toner out before installing a waste bottle. What could be tha cause of this and is there some type of fix?please check transport belt at the back is worn off !

kyoceradude
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
The toner waste bottle is locking into place.

Have you tried replacing the cleaning unit assy?

Franky Tan
01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Have you tried replacing the cleaning unit assy?actually .transport belt is worn off at the back

01-11-2008, 05:01 AM
are you replacing the waste toner tank with a new, clean, empty, no waste toner of any kind inside, waste tank or dumping the old one. If your trying to reuse a tank make sure the top 3 inches are spotless clean before you put it back in.

If the tank is new and the HV Housing is locking the tank in place then from what else you have described I would replace the transfer belt and cleaning assy.

Let us know what happens

techman
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I had this problem on a cs6030 it may work in you sittuation as well go to maintenence mode 1087 1087 the code 921 rest the toner out counter im not sure if that willwork with your model but it workedfor mine

Custom Search