PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-20, Scan >FTP/SMB

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Bizhub C-20, Scan >FTP/SMB

Cannot find instruction how to set up scan to FTP or SMB for Windows. The "All Solutions List" refers on page 18 to an"attached document" describing the procedure. My list however doesn't have that list.

Any help please?

Thanks

Hans

habik
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Bizhub C-20, Scan >FTP/SMB

Cannot find instruction how to set up scan to FTP or SMB for Windows. The "All Solutions List" refers on page 18 to an"attached document" describing the procedure. My list however doesn't have that list.

Any help please?

Thanks

Hans

Login as administrator
go to scan tab
select speed dial list
list starting 220-250 for SMB / FTP (if i remember correctly) just select the right option for you ( I use SMB for win and FTP for Mac)

Enter correct credentials I am not using anonymus for FTP and using port 21
Host: 192.168.1.xxx
Path:/Users/"Username"/desktop/scans
Username:Full Username
Password: Password

SMB

Host: Host Name
Path:scans

Then in Favorites select one of the speeddials as your favorite so you can pick it up from Machine itself as soon as you press Scan button then addressbook. and voila you are ready to go.

If you have MAC OSX 10.7 or 10.8 then use the FTP enable string in terminal:
Start an FTP or SFTP Server in Mac OS X Lion (http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/29/start-an-ftp-or-sftp-server-in-mac-os-x-lion/)

good luck!

Hansoon
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks Habik for that fine instruction. It starts indeed from 201.

Weird that FTP/SMB adresses can only be entered this way contrary to other KonicaMinolta equipment and dumb there is no indication about it in the web interface. Also the user manual doesn't give a clue.

Hans

habik
09-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Job well done then :)

Yeap it is weird design. I could not get it to work to scan to email for the havens sake. I am so used to use gmail settings and on this C20, I just failed. not sure what "else" is required.

It has ssl but why so difficult.. don't know .

blackcat4866
09-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Good info habik. Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

Hansoon
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Anybody know how to switch off the confirmation/OK report after each scan? Cannot find it in the All Solutions list.

Hans

habik
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Anybody know how to switch off the confirmation/OK report after each scan? Cannot find it in the All Solutions list.

Hans

I had to paste it sorry, just too much for such a simple procedure :)

About the Reports and Lists
Reports on the status of fax transmissions/receptions and the speed dial settings
can be printed.
The following reports and lists can be printed with this machine.
􀀕􀀢 For details on printing the reports and the lists, refer to the following
section.
Printing the Reports and Lists
1 Press the + or , key to select REPORTS/STATUS, and then press the
Select key.
2 Press the + or , key to select REPORT, and then press the Select key.
3 Press the + or , key to select the desired report, press the Select key,
and then Start key.
The report is printed
TX RESULT REPORT
The session number, recipient name, date sent, starting time of transmission,
number of document pages, time required, mode, and transmission result are
printed.
􀀕􀀢 The machine can also be set to print this report with each transmission,
only when an error occurs, or not at all. For details, refer to
“REPORTING” on page 33.

PAGE 33: { :) }

REPORTING
Specify report settings by selecting REPORTING in the UTILITY menu.
ACTIVITY REPORT Settings OFF / ON
After every 60 transmissions/receptions, a
report can be printed to show the results of the
transmissions/receptions. Select whether the
report is printed automatically when the 60th
transmission/reception is reached.
TX RESULT REPORT Settings ON / ON(ERROR) / OFF
Select whether the report showing the result of
a transmission is printed automatically after the
transmission is finished.
􀂄 ON: Prints the report after each transmission.
􀂄 ON(ERROR): Prints the report after a
transmission only if an error occurred.
􀂄 OFF: Does not print the report after each
transmission, even if an error has
occurred.
The transmission result report is normally
printed after a broadcast transmission.
RX RESULT REPORT Settings ON / ON(ERROR) / OFF
Select whether the report showing the result of
a reception is printed automatically after the
reception is finished.
􀂄 ON: Prints the report after each reception.
􀂄 ON(ERROR): Prints the report after a
reception only if an error occurred.
􀂄 OFF: Does not print the report after each
reception, even if an error has occurred.

Good Luck!

Hansoon
09-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks again Habik. Should have found it myself..... :o

Hans

Kisz
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM
During Scan-To-Ftp an automatically created filename assigns to the documents. Is there any way to change it manually before scan? I wasnt able to find any optiön regarding this.

TheOwl
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Enter correct credentials I am not using anonymus for FTP and using port 21
Path:/Users/"Username"/desktop/scans

I don't want to take away from the good answer, but this may help. You should never make the root of any drive the home folder for scanning. Create a folder somewhere specifically for scanning and set that as the home folder. You would then use the following setup:

Path:/
Username: Full Username

The reason I say this is because giving FTP root access to any drive means that there is a possibility that if someone manages to hack / brute force the user credentials, then they have full access to EVERYTHING that is on the drive. If you make the home folder just a folder where your scans go and then someone manages to get in, they only have access to what is in the folder where the scans go into. Basically you are limiting the potential damage that someone could do.

Otherwise spot on ;)

Hansoon
11-07-2012, 10:12 PM
So Owl, if I understand correctly what you said, C:\FTP\SCANS would be more or less safe?

Hans

TheOwl
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
So Owl, if I understand correctly what you said, C:\FTP\SCANS would be more or less safe?

Hans

Even creating a folder C:\Scans and then making sure that within your FTP software, you set the folder C:\Scans as the home folder. That way when you log into the computer running the FTP server via FTP, all you are going to see is the files and folders created under C:\Scans.

The other good thing about this is that if you are unsure of how to setup FTP user credentials, you can use the anonymous account and still be limiting the possible damage as the access goes no further than the folder which is set as the home folder.

Don't forget, that if you are dumping scans directly into the home folder, then you must put a / in the path for the machine as the field can't be left blank. The / means that scans will go directly into the home folder and no where else.

If you had a folders setup in the home folder like Accounts, Invoices and Pictures (C:\Scans\Accounts, C:\Scans\Invoices, C:\Scans\Pictures) then you could replace the / with just a folder name per One-Touch as the home folder is C:\Scans so you just tell the machine from there, you want the scanned image to go into one of the folders.

Hansoon
11-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Thanks!

Hans

habik
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't want to take away from the good answer, but this may help. You should never make the root of any drive the home folder for scanning. Create a folder somewhere specifically for scanning and set that as the home folder. You would then use the following setup:

Path:/
Username: Full Username

The reason I say this is because giving FTP root access to any drive means that there is a possibility that if someone manages to hack / brute force the user credentials, then they have full access to EVERYTHING that is on the drive. If you make the home folder just a folder where your scans go and then someone manages to get in, they only have access to what is in the folder where the scans go into. Basically you are limiting the potential damage that someone could do.

Otherwise spot on ;)

Nice one! Thanks, I will keep the gates as close as possible in another words.

These are the things which make so much sense and I really appreciate your input OWL. 80% of network skills I learned from Copytechnet and believe you me, of those 80% 70% I learned from you. So I want to say, Thank you very much. You make a huge contribution to this site in terms of networking...and I trust your advice, more than anyone else in terms of networking. Also want to thank Blackcat, Emujo, Ruben, Skynet, Ianizer, EarthKMtech and lastly Paul@ Manuals4you. Without you guys I'd be lost.

Cheers,

Habik

Habik

Custom Search