PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C220 Scanning Part of Page

Custom Search

desau
09-20-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a C220 and only want to scan a small part of an A4 page (just the customer photo on a registration form). As far as I can see I can 'erase' parts of the scan, but only up to 50mm in from any edge. I want to isolate just a passport-sized photo space on the form so I need to come in 145mm from the left and bottom edges, 90mm from the top, and 20mm from the right. If there is a way to do this I would love to know. Thanks. Dale

mo0651
09-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Really!!!!!!!!!!

emujo
09-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I find it hard to believe you can't find this on your own...but
Press the "SCAN" hard button
Now this may take some time but if you look very close at the LCD screen you will see an ICON named "Scan Size"...If you press this button and take it off auto, you can choose from 11x17 down to 4x6, or you can input a custom size using X/Y coordinates...Sorry for the sarcasm, but this wasn't really a problem. Emujo

desau
09-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm sure you were so busy crafting your answer that you failed to actually understand my question. I know how to make a scan of 45mm x 60mm, what I want to know is how to offset that scan area so that it is starting 145mm from the left and 90mm down from the top. If the answer to that is self evident in your solution then I will be glad to endure your sarcasm.:)

mo0651
09-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I fail to understand why you want to lift a color photo off of a form? Perhaps to duplicate an ID or a passport????:confused:

Please post real issues.

pepper38_cnd
09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Just scan the whole thing open it with any imaging program and crop the area you want. It's much easier and cheaper than investing In a machine with an editing board feature.

blackcat4866
09-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Just scan the whole thing open it with any imaging program and crop the area you want. It's much easier and cheaper than investing In a machine with an editing board feature.

Ditto that. Scan, then edit the file. It will take perhaps 1 minute. =^..^=

RRodgers
09-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Use the auto center feature.

styaner
09-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Ttelling a copier where to scan on a page is not possible on a km product.
you can only start from the back left corner and work out in the x,y directions
to edit it in software is the only way:rolleyes:

desau
09-21-2012, 06:20 AM
And finally someone gives the answer I was looking for! Thank you.

For those with other helpful suggestions concerning image editing, I have a fully programmed software solution for my problem so no need to do thousands of these by hand.

And for those less helpful I have expressed my true thoughts in the line below. It is in a simple substitution cipher so as to not offend the forum admins. Is ROT13 so you don't waste your entire day solving it.

Gunaxf sbe gnxvat gur gvzr gb or bs nffvfgnapr. Lbhe urycshyarff vf fhecnffrq bayl ol lbhe ornhgl naq oenirel.

Regards.

habik
09-21-2012, 09:11 AM
And finally someone gives the answer I was looking for! Thank you.

For those with other helpful suggestions concerning image editing, I have a fully programmed software solution for my problem so no need to do thousands of these by hand.

And for those less helpful I have expressed my true thoughts in the line below. It is in a simple substitution cipher so as to not offend the forum admins. Is ROT13 so you don't waste your entire day solving it.

Gunaxf sbe gnxvat gur gvzr gb or bs nffvfgnapr. Lbhe urycshyarff vf fhecnffrq bayl ol lbhe ornhgl naq oenirel.

Regards.

"Why so serious, Son" , "Lets put smile on that face"

emujo
09-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm sure you were so busy crafting your answer that you failed to actually understand my question. I know how to make a scan of 45mm x 60mm, what I want to know is how to offset that scan area so that it is starting 145mm from the left and 90mm down from the top. If the answer to that is self evident in your solution then I will be glad to endure your sarcasm.:)

You are correct, I didn't understand the question...still my response works, if you measure the size of the image, use that measured size (either a pre-programmed size, or if needed a custom size), and move the image into the corner, it will only scan the area you porgrammed. Some older Canons, and older full color Toshibas had a platen accessory that you could use to edit the image. Obviously you will have some problems if you can't get the image to lay flat against the platen..but I agree with the other posters..scan the full image back and edit it at your workstation..Emujo

Custom Search