PDA

View Full Version : CF3102 Horizontal Line

Custom Search

CopyXpress
12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi guys, I have a 3102 here that I'm refurbishing. I've been trying for a week to get rid of this small line that is in all the copies. It looks like a small very faint magenta line running horizontal across the middle of the page. At first I thought it was something in the paper path, so I checked all fingers, guide, all that was good. I swapped fuser, tranfer belts, everything and it never went away. I did isolate the problem a little more tho. When printing a halftone pattern from Tech Rep the Cyan, Magenta, and black are fine, but on the yellow print theres a white line that matches perfectly to the line on my copies. So I switched the yellow IU (with one which I know works perfect) and cleaned the hell out of the LEDs. Its still there. Anybody have any clues for me? :confused:

knightfall
12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
hey copyxpress if you get the magenta line only when you copy and not when you print out a test page sounds like something in the scanner section and not in the print engine, so focus your search there.

random
12-27-2007, 08:14 PM
pull out the belt and have a look at the top of the IU's. Sometimes a bit of plastic or something from one of the IU's will rub on the belt leaving a line for the previous IU. In your case probably Magenta.

CopyXpress
12-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks! Got it, took the belt out and looked across the IUs and found a VERY small piece of plastic sticking up that took care of it

Custom Search