PDA

View Full Version : Are we in trouble with a CM3522

Custom Search

Solotime
09-20-2012, 09:56 PM
OK so we have many many many years (29) of experience selling and servicing KM machines. We are getting in a Oce CM3522 next week. I am seeing that the toner, imaging units etc are NOT interchangable between the 2. Some posts seem to indicate there is a work around for this. Can any of you give me some detailed info in what would be required to make the C353 supplies compatible with the CM3522?
Thanks in Advance!

Dickie
09-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Most Oce machines I have seen work with Konica units but if you want to be sure just load the Konica Minolta Firmware and the machine will change all of it's software and behave like a KM box even down to the start up screen

907tec
09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I believe the post above is correct with this machine, but it should be noted that you will have to change ALL consumables when making the conversion. IU's, toners, belt, fuser. We have a single 3522 in our area as well, and it annoys the hell out of me. Konica Minolta IU's and toners definitely do not work in this box, unless you rechip them. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any good .bin files for the Oce.

Solotime
09-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the input. Got the machine in and it looks like new with just 65K so I think we will just leave it alone for now. I can always do firmware and all consumables when they come due later. If anyone has C353 firmware handy and can send it that way I will have it for later.
Thanks

Custom Search