PDA

View Full Version : Konica main motors

Custom Search

bushy
09-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Hi Guys

Thought I would pass on my experiences from this week re-Konica motors failing
I went to a 7222 calling 26-3 tried the usual stuff but ended up rechecking this site to be reminded to put a texta mark on the dev tank gears to see if they rotate. Sure enough no rotation
I replaced the main motor which fixed my problem.
Yesterday I went to a C250 with C5102 again a check on this site said for sure its the main motor.
I went back to fit motor Which took me about an hour and again it fixed the problem.
Now whilst these two problems were not rocket science going to them with the confidence that this site is right 99% of the time makes for less stress in a day (which we all need)
Knowing that I have these 2 motor problems beaten now helps my daily stress levels and confidence levels.
None of the motors were stiff so I can only assume the control board attatched to the motors was the problem.
I have been working on Konicas for 30 years and havnt experienced motor problems on Konica until now, which just goes to show you are never too old to learn!!!

Bushy

rrrohan
09-21-2012, 01:30 AM
M1 failure is pretty common on the c250 in my short experiences with KM

nmfaxman
09-21-2012, 02:26 AM
You have to admit, this site ROCKS!

It is like having 1000's of copier techs in one room sharing information. It reminds me of hotel bar night at a dealer school for the week.
I always got more information talking to other techs than I learned about a new machine. A new machine has no known quirks, but the older ones always do.
Granted ego's and respect are going to be tested from time to time in both situations (Good thing CTN is in cyber space.) but this is the best collections of minds for this industry I have found.

I have always promoted sharing of information for those that have that desire to learn, solve the problem, make your customers happy, or just love a challenge.

I donate to this site when I have a great month, because I make money thanks to this site.

styaner
09-21-2012, 05:17 AM
agree this site is great source of info and hello tofriends out there
main moters fail also onthe C353 series as well
not as oftenas the C252,C250

Custom Search