PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C6500 Jam on PFU5

Custom Search

dagoof
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Having problems with a 6500 - heavier stock is jamming in PFU5 horizontal conveyance (often double sheet). It will usually pick up first 3 sheets, jam - clear it, another 3 sheets and jam. The same stock runs out of PFU4 fine.

I replaced the paper feed and separating roller on PFU5 - I didn't have a pickup roller so swapped over the one from PFU4 but still get the jam every 3rd sheet. Any ideas? :confused:

ni311
09-21-2012, 06:07 PM
From Service Mode, activate the function to show you the jam code (J-xxxx), check in the service manual what sensor gives you this code and check the rollers just before this sensor.

seniortech
09-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Check the working position of the feed roller, very simple to do by removing the metal plate covering the sensors to the left of the pick up roller and then adjusting the height of the feed roller via the solenoid and sensor, adjustment is in the PF601 manual.

JustManuals
09-21-2012, 07:38 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Gort
09-22-2012, 02:00 AM
1. Try to decrease or increase the tension on the DFP roller.
With the tray open look at the left side of the drawer, below the DFP roller. There is a bracket that the assembly mounts to the drawer. The "knob" has 5 positions from weak to strong pressure for the DFP pressure. The center hole is the default. As I recall there is also an air assist adjustment for the trays.
2. The solenoid on the feed assembly may be out of adjustment, there was something in one of the Troubleshooting guides on the solenoid adjustment.

dagoof
09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks all - will try as suggested on Monday (not DFP tension, had tried that).

Custom Search