PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta BizHub C203

Custom Search

copyman
09-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I have the same issue again with the control panel locking up. Bulletin said replace HDD, which I did twice. One brand new.I did not convert to SATA drive as bulletin stated, used an 80gig IDE, same as was in there. Both worked for a day and even a week. But now happening more consistently. I have about 40 machines of this series in the field and it has only happen to the two machines on this network. When they come in the morning copier will be working (computers turned off at night). I'm not an IT guy but could something like a bad file or program corrupt a HDD? This is a strange one. Hopefully someone has had this problem and found a fix. Thanks

EarthKmTech
09-22-2012, 01:36 AM
control panel lockups are usually ram related.

HDD usually gives an error code or odd behaviour such as never ending "please wait" when the scan/fax button is pressed, inability to enter service mode or perform trouble reset etc.

Gort
09-22-2012, 01:44 AM
1. You could have a bad memory module(s). I have had problems with the memory modules on that series.
2. Disconnect the HDD and see if the problem goes away.

Avskrap
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
As EarthKmTech and Gort says, RAM fault most likely. Get a new stick of RAM, go to the site, try reseating the one in the machine (works surprisingly often), if not - Replace.
All the display related faults I've had have been RAM, whether it's locking up, going dark, never starting up in the first place and so on.

Custom Search