PDA

View Full Version : Printing problems on bizhub 600

Custom Search

Paperboy
12-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me, i have a brand new bizhub 600 with post script driver and standard 512 Mb Memory, sadly it is processing my files really really slowly.

I print PDF files, average is around 60 MB but up to 140MB at a time, I have set the printer to spool once print many, and print immediatly, (This was the setting on my 7155)

but instead of wizzing through the job, it is collecting the entire document in the printer memory then printing it......... and if the document is over 40 MB then i get a print error, Plus i can only send 1 copy at a time.

Has anyone had this problem and resolved it? or has any idea of a setting i might have missed.

Thanks

Paperboy

ebm
12-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Konica says:

From application select File then print.
Select "Advanced" in the lower left corner of print window.
Check "Print as Image" box.
Select "OK".

If this doesn't work, is PCL an option for you?

Good Luck!

Paperboy
12-29-2007, 02:43 AM
I cannot find 'print as image' anywhere in the properties section?

dogsbody
12-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Press file, print, don't hit properties, at the bottom of this window will be an "advanced" button. Click here and you will find a "Print as Image" check box. Pretty sure this only applies to PDF documents.

RockETop
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
You can make this the default by setting it in the print driver in "Printers and Faxes" assuming your using windows. Also, printing searchable PDF's using OCR takes longer than regular PDF's.

pepper38_cnd
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
This is most likely a driver problem, trying more than one driver can cause all kinds of problems if you don't propperly remove previous drivers.

First unshare the printer if it is shared, then from the printer folder delete the printer, then choose file, server properties, drivers, delete all the ic202 drivers you see there ( or any that apply the printer interface you are using ), then reboot. You have now gotten rid of the mixture of drivers on your PC.

Now load the appropriate print driver, note PCL will be much faster than Post Script, if you don't require Post Script stick to PCL. If you are printing via standard tci/ip port set to LPR and print que name Prn1.

Good luck.

mikeena
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
MAKE SURE THAT THE COLLATE BUTTON IS NOT CHECKED. wHEN U HIT CTRL P. IT DOES SLOW IT DOWN

Haroldbfix
02-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Upgrade firmware to level 30. Use a PCL driver and use a raw port instead of LPR. You should see a difference in printing speed.

Custom Search